Part 9

🎨

"Grammy please don't make me go tonight" my voice felt weak, I couldn't scream or yell at my grandma but it's almost been a month and I've successfully Avoided Issac Haywood. With the help of my brother and Beth covering for me and tell him that I left town, when in reality I have been in this house for the majority of the time.

That is until Grammy and Grandpa decided I should drive down to New York and collect them for a few weeks.

It'll be nice to catch up with them, I was always very close with grandpa but not so much my grandma.

The last time we spoke we had a huge argument about Father. She believes we need him.

I'm also convinced she tried to bribe the judge to let her son off.

That caused an argument between my two grandparents. My Nana on my mothers side and Grammy nearly murdered each other.

I tried to stay away from it but Grandpops was there with me through it all. Making jokes and teaching me how to solve puzzles which I still don't understand even at 24 years old.

"You are going Liliana. End of!" She raises her voice and a tear escapes my eye, I rush off to the paint room to try and calm me down.

I finished the painting I've been working on for the past 3 weeks. One problem, I can't look at it without wanting to break down.

We hate each other yet I can't help but think there is more to this. The day at the ice rink when my arms were wrapped around his body and the way his hands sunk into my skin, forcing himself not to drop me.

That wasn't hate, that wasn't anything but affection and I'll refuse to believe otherwise.

The flowers are beautiful and as much as I'd like to, I'm not going to forgive him.

He is the second man I've ever slept with, my ex boyfriend from 3 years ago being the first.

I've done plenty of sexual acts with men just none of them included them inside of me.

I gave in with Isaac and deep down I knew I shouldn't have but since I first laid my eyes on him, when he stole my sketch of him last year and then I never saw him until almost 2 months ago now. Ever so often he'd play on my mind or appear in my dreams.

I'll never trust my dreams again.

I admire the portrait of the Asshole one last time before placing it in a box ready for tonight.

I leave the flowers drying, I can box that last minute.

"Hey little Orange." My grandpops voice calms me instantly.

He has called me little orange since I was born, when my mother and father first got together Grandpops immediately loved Mother and began calling her orange due to her bright hair.

When Lewis was born he looked more like father and he got the nickname "little devil" because he apparently threw up on Grandpops every time he held Lewis.

Then Landon came along and he got mothers hair but my fathers looks, Grandpops called him "carrot cake" the reason, he had hidden features of mother, just small details like the dimples we share or the way his thumb is shaped like mothers was. Grandpops believed carrot cake can be deceived as vanilla hence the name "carrot cake." As Landon can be deceived as not mothers son.