Part 14

⛸️

"Are you taking the absolute fucking piss?" Liliana screams down the phone. I tried my hardest for her but they wouldn't take no for an answer.

My parents booked a holiday to France for a Ski trip, they also booked for Liliana to come with us, for me and her to share a room.

"Liliana you are the only person who can tell them you can't go. I tried but they won't listen unless you tell them." When I made this deal with Lil I never thought we'd have to go this far with it.

"It's fine, I'll go. But get another room or so help me god you will sleep on the floor." She ends the call leaving me a bloody wreck.

She doesn't realise this is a family friends resort and there definitely is not another room available. I guess I'll be sleeping on the floor.

Elijah finished tying his laces, "is she excited?"

"Ecstatic." I reply.

We tread towards the ice ready for a warm up game when some guys storm in acting like they own the place.

Who are these and where did they come from?

Me and Elijah skate around the rink keeping an eye out on the guys who are messing around joking about some bullshit.

"Shit ball sac did you hear that?" Elijah and his beautiful nickname everyone.

"What, no."

I wait for Elijah to repeat still keeping my eye on the random men at the entrance to the rink.

My skates come to a halt as Elijah slows down behind me.

"They were talking about a hockey game next month—"

"The same hockey match we have next month." I finish his theory, these guys are the opposing team.

This can't end well.

One of the men pull out a sweater with the New York University logo, from then on I'm certain this isn't going to end well because these guys aren't known for playing nice.

What doesn't help is that our coach got fired last week so we've had about 3 different temps already and every single one of them go through the same routine everyday and nothing is being accomplished. If my father saw how my team have been pushed to the side he would go crazy.

For a moment I believe I'm telepathic, because right as I think about him, my father walks into the room with a smile when he notices me.

He wasn't due to arrive till tomorrow, what's going on.

Me and my father have always had a great bond just like Ana and my mother did, although both of our parents are great I just was always closer to Dad growing up as he got me into hockey and sports in general whereas Ana had always loved photography and flowers just like our mother.

"Hello son, hello Elijah good to see you again." My father says when the both of us skate over to him.

"Hey Dad, what you doing here?" I pull him into a hug because you are never too old or manly to hug your father.