Chapter 76

Marcus's POV
I stare over at my broken mate, locked there in a cage and in pain. It feels like someone just ripped out my heart and dropped a ton of bricks in my stomach. Fresh and old blood coats her clothing and body. I want to be angry but starring over at her dull lifeless blue and green eyes all I feel is shock, I hate myself, how could I let this happen?....I was supposed to protect her.

I scan over her and I am infuriated with realizing how many injuries she has, her jaw is badly bruised, black and blue covering her skin, blood on her lips from a cut, a fractured rib, a large bruise on the other side of her rib cage, a head injury, a deep cut on her left side- I gasp when I put two and two together, she has a scar there before but I covered it with my mark...her father, he must have done it. What has he put her through?! What kind of pain has she had to endure. I plan to cause them ten times the amount of pain they caused Rose.

She looks at me and her eyes widen, she pulls back her leg trying to hide her huge gash and all of her other injuries. I can't help but thank god we found her, if Evangeline didn't figure out she could still see Rose after the kiss, I don't think we would have ever found her.

I feel my friends surround me and small gasps fill my ears when I see them look over at Rose.

I tear my eyes from her beautiful and battered face and turn to my brother "let her go and let's settle this our selfs" I demand

After talking to him for the short time I have. I'm already done with him, I want to rip his throat out for everything's he's done. Everything's he's done to Rose, Evangeline, myself, and my dead family...he has to pay, and all of his followers well...they're being taken care of.

His followers Dan and Jeremy, as Evangeline let me know, look over at Caine, looking for direction. I turn my gaze to a man with dark hair and, even with his eyes darkening to black I still see a replica of Roses eyes and I know instantly that's her father. I see the resemblance but the only similarity is there eyes, Rose has her mothers beautiful spirit, heart, smile and hair, when I look at Richard all I see is darkness nothing like the angel I have fallen in love with. How could something so beautiful come from something so evil?

He's tall, probably 6'2" and decently muscular but I'm taller and bigger, his ability of control won't help him now.

I hear Caden whisper "both Dan and Jeremy don't have abilities but have medium rank, Richard is highly ranked and you know his ability" I nod back at him

"Let. Her. Go" I demand loudly through clenched teeth, my anger trying to consume me

"No can do brother, I'm not willing to give up my leverage and how could I give away Richards only daughter" he smirks and my eyes widen and shift to Richard "I don't think he was done with her yet" Caine chuckles and I snap

Anger fills me and I leap forward ready to attack and kill him but Nate and Caden hold me back. I trashes in there arms trying desperately to get over to my smirking evil brother.

After a moment I settle down and tell myself that the only way I can defeat him is if I out play him at his own game. I fix my shirt and take short violent breaths.

I stare at my brother wanting nothing more than to kill him. I'm not worried about his followers, maybe Sebastian but I'm hoping Evangeline or Jade can handle him. I plan to take care of Caine myself. Luke I'm sure will be glad to rip off some vampires heads, especially when they hurt Amber. And since Nate and Harry are loyal to me and Rose, also them being our friends I know how much both of them want to kill Caine and anyone else who has helped him cause all of us our pain.