Alpha

Word Count: 1410

I stare at my father in complete shock. "Really?" I ask, unable to believe what's happening. "Yes Heath, do you accept?" He asks. I nod quickly. "Of course I do. This is what I've wanted for years." I tell him, walking up to the stage. I was in complete shock. I was finally becoming Alpha of Black Diamond pack. The chief Elder smiles at me. "I knew you'd accept Heath. Now, both of you stand across from each other please." I do as he says. I look out across the crowd and my eyes find Violet. She's smiling up at me. I smile then turn to my father. The Chief Elder stands near us. "Both of you remove your shirts." He says. I do so and watch my father do the same. I see the tattoo across his heart. That's the sign that he is Alpha. The same tattoo is also on the wrist. All Alphas have it. Part of the ceremony is the removal of the tattoo off the former Alpha and the placement onto the new Alpha. My father told me it didn't hurt at all. It's not like the tattoos humans get. This one is similar the the mate mark, not painful at all, and the tattoo also being different for every Alpha. 

"Hold out you right arms." Says the Chief. We both do so. I see a woman walk up onto the stage. I've never seen her before. "This is Eve. She is a witch and she will do the next step." I hear the Chief say. The girl takes his place. She looks me up and down then looks away. "Alright don't move." She tells us. We both nod. She starts speaking some weird language. She then takes my right hand and places it over the tattoo on my father's chest. She takes his and places it on my chest where the tattoo will go. She keep hold of both our arms as she speaks all weird again. I watch the tattoo start to vanish from his body. I feel a weird tingling on my chest under my father's hand. 

When that's done she steps aside and looks to the chief again. He steps forward. Now for the most important part. "Grey Michelson, are you ready to give up you position as Alpha and become an Elder of the Black Diamond pack?" I listen to the words the Elder spoke, then look at my father. He smiles. "I am." He says loud and clear. "Alright then Heath, are you ready to take up the position of Alpha of the Black Diamond pack, even without your mate?" He asks me. "I am." I repeat the words my father spoke. I see the Elder pull out an old looking dagger. "Then Grey, give me your arm." He says, holding his hand out my father places his right arm in the Elders hand. The tattoo is still there. 

I watch the chief slice across the tattoo which starts to fade. "Heath, you as well." I nod and place my arm in his hand. He cuts the place where the tattoo goes. My father takes my hand and I feel a tingling in the place where the cuts are touching. I also feel the familiar feeling of my wound healing. When he releases me, a tattoo is now where the cut once was. I smile at the mark. It's amazing how the process works. I stare at it then look at my father who is smiling proudly. The Chief Elder turns to everyone. "I give to you Heath Michelson, the new Alpha of Black Diamond pack!" I turn to the crowd as everyone cheers. 

"Heath, it is time for you to appoint your new Beta, and Delta. Choose wisely son." My father say, placing a hand on my shoulder before slipping his shirt over his head and handing me my own. I take it and he walks off the stage. I slip my shirt back on and look to the Chief Elder who nods before leaving the stage. I look around and see my 2 best friends standing among the crowd. They are smiling at me. They are around the same age as me. Alex however is 24, and Fred is 26. I hadn't told them yet, I always wanted it to be a surprise. "I have chosen. For my Beta, I call upon Alexander Ramirez, and for my Delta, I have chosen Frederick Hayes." I see the look of surprise on my friend's faces but they quickly come up. "Do you both accept?" I ask. They both nod and the room erupts into applause yet again. I shake both their hands before the three of us turn to the crowd. 

As everyone quiets down I take a look across the entire room. "As the Chief Elder said before, we will have a gathering outside so everyone may get to know each other properly. Meeting dismissed!" I call before stepping off the stage. I smile at my mother, who pulls me into a big hug. "I'm so proud of you." She says. She then goes to hug both Alex and Fred. Both their families come over as well. Alex also has a younger sister who is 18 and Fred has a young brother who is 19. It had turned out that they were mates and we would tease them time to time because they are always together and before they knew they were mates they hated each other. 

Everyone congratulates me as we make our way outside. I look around the yard and spot Viloet. She's looking right at me. As we make eye contact she looks away. I see a slight tint of red to her cheeks. Fred nudges me. "Whatcha staring at?" He asks. I look away from my mate and at my friend. "Can I ask the two of you something?" I look at Alex as I speak as well. I look around and see everyone else is busy speaking to our new members. "What is it?" Alex asks. "Have you ever heard of any mates being ten years apart in age.." I ask quietly, making sure nobody can hear. They both think for a moment. "I don't think I have. It's rare for mates to even be five years apart, much less ten." Fred says. I frown. "Actually don't you remember? A couple years ago an Alpha came here to ask your dad for some help. I believe his pack was being targeted by rouges. He had his mate and she was 9 years younger than him." Alex shrugs as he says this but I look at him with wide eyes. "Do you remember the name of that pack?" I ask. He thinks for a minute before speaking. "I believe is was Blue Mist pack. Why are you asking us this?" He asks. 

I sigh and look around. I pull them out of ear shot of everyone else. "I found my mate..." I tell them. Both of them look at me with wide eyes. "Who is it? Wait, does that mean she's just a kid.." Alex asks. He looks over to where everyone is talking then back to me. "She's 15... I don't know what's going on guys.. I feel the need to be with her at all time and I want to protect her with my life... I don't feel the sexual want for her. Do you think it's because she's so young..." I ask, staring past them at my beautiful little mate. "Dude you need to contact that Alpha and figure out what's going on, and what you have to do about this. She can't really be a Luna until she turns 17." Fred tell me. I growl at him. "I know that!" I snap. 

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see my father. "Know what Heath, what's going on?" He asks in a stern voice. I stand tall, I was the same height as my father. "I will tell you, but not here." I say, looking around at everyone. He nods, the gesture for me to follow. Me and my 2 friends follow after him quickly. We get into his office, well my office now, and I stand in front of my father as my friends stand by the door to guard it. "Now whats going on?" He asks. I take a deep breath. "I found my mate."

Alex to the side.