My Little Emerald

Word Count: 1648

RECAP

"Shut up Rose.. it's not like that. He sees me as a student. I'm never going to be more than that.. besides... my mate is somewhere.." She says in a sad tone. I frown and start making my way over. None of them notice me. I step up close behind her. "You sure about that, mio piccolo smeraldo." I say in a quiet voice close to her ear. She gasps and turns to face me. She stops and stares at me with shock. I just give her a cheesy smile. "H.. Heath.. you.. you're my... My mate?"

AND WE'RE BACK

I smile down at her. "Yeah.. it's hard to explain really.. but I will, when you want to know." I tell her. She looks utterly shocked. Her friends look shocked as well but they are smiling. "Y.. you just heard all that didn't you.." She says, blushing now. I chuckle and nod. Her eyes go annoyed and she goes to hit my chest but I grab her arm. "Wait! Before you hit me you should see you're gift that you were just about to hit." I say, turning slightly so she can't try and hit me again. Her arm weakens and she gives me a funny look. "What is it?" She asks. I smile and step close to her, pulling my jacket to reveal the small ball of fur. "Oh my gosh! It's so cute!" She says excitedly. I laugh and pull the lump of fur out of my jacket, handing the small bundle to her. She hugs the kitten close to her. 

"Thought you may like it. And just think, if you had hit me you could have killed her." I say teasingly. She looks up at me with a smile. I smile back at her. "What are you gonna name her Vi?" One of her friends asks, leaning to get a closer look. Violet looks to be thinking then she shrugs. "I'm not sure." She sys. I watch my mate with the kitten and I notice it has eyes similar to hers. "Smeraldo." I say, smirking at her. Violet looks confused then realizes that was part of what I had been calling her. "Speaking of that. What the hell does it mean and what is it that you have been calling me?" She asks, giving me a playful glare. I laugh. "Mia piccolo smeraldo. It means, 'my little emerald' and I call you that because of your eyes, which are similar to the cats. So, Smeraldo, or Emerald." I explain this and her cheeks go red. 

"Awww that's like the cutest thing I have ever hear! I hope my mate talks to me like that." Says Rose. I chuckle at that. "Heath! You're back." I look up and see my sister running over to us. "Hey Michelle." I say with a smile. She looks at Violet and smiles. "I'm so glad you finally know! Now nobody has to hide it from you." She tells my mate who looks confused. She turns to look at me with a small frown. She's upset, and it's my fault. I hold my hands out and take the kitten. "Hey Rose will you take this little one to Violet's room? She won't like it out here in a few minutes." I say, handing the cat to Rose. She looks between Violet and I then nods slowly. Michelle ushers the other girls away and soon Violet and I are alone. "I'm glad I could finally tell you.." I say, stepping closer to her. She doesn't look at me. 

"Why..." She asks. I frown. "What do you mean Vi?" I ask, confused. She looks up and I see tears in her eyes. "Why did you hide it from me?" She asks. I sigh and sit on the bench we stood beside. "Violet.. you have to understand.. if I had told you before you wouldn't understand like you do know. Would you really believe that a man 10 years older than you is your mate? I couldn't.. I couldn't risk the chance of loosing you." I say, shaking my head. I grab her hand and pull her down beside me. "You must realize that I couldn't risk loosing the only one I have ever truely cared about." I say, keeping hold of her hand. 

She glances up at me. "How is this even supposed to work Heath.. I'm 17 and you're 27. Isn't that like illegal?" She asks. I laugh at that and shake my head. "Violet we're werewolves. We don't follow human rules. Besides, our bond isn't exactly something that can be controlled. You are my mate, you are mine, and nobody can ever change that." I tell her, slowly brushing her hair away from her face, leaving my hand against her cheek. "But.. what everyone says.." She looks away. "Nobody will come between us. I could care less about your age Violet. You are my mate. No matter how old you are." I say with confidence. She looks up at me and I give her a warm smile. She smiles back then leans her head on my shoulder. I feel my wolf yip and howl in excitement. He knew now that she accepted us. 

"You don't realize how much I wished you could have been my mate. You heard my friends. I really like you Heath. I never imagined it could be possible." She tells me with a sigh. I chuckle and slide my arm around her, pulling her closer. "Well it happened. Looks like you got your wish little one." I say and she giggles. I look over to where everyone else stood talking. I notice Fred waving at me to come over. I groan and Violet sits up, looking at me with confusion. "Fred says it's time." I tell her. She looks even more confused, making me laugh. "Come on." I say, standing and pulling her up with me. I lead her over and see her dad as I'm walking over. He smiles and nods. "My dad knew?" She asks. I put my arm over her shoulder. "Of course he did. He was one of the first to get told." I tell her, making her smile and nod. 

"Who else knows?" She asked. I frown. "Unfortunately it got around most of the pack thanks to Allison. I wanted it to be more of a surprise but I don't think many believed her so we should be good.. but I still wish she would have kept her mouth shut.." I growl and Violet laughs. I smirk and hug her against me. "Stay here ok?" I say, stopping and looking at her. She nods and I smile before walking over to Fred. "Congrats dude." He says, handing me the microphone. I just smile and take it, turning to face everyone. 

"Hello everyone!" I say into the mic. Everyone starts turning to look at me. "First off I want to say a very loud and probably annoying, happy birthday to Violet." I say loudly and everyone laughs. I smirk then get serious. "For anyone that does not already know, or anyone that never believed it. Violet, as of today, is my true mate and the future Luna of this pack." As I say this I see looks of shock and disgust. I notice Violet look to the ground. "Anyone who has a problem can leave. But just know, this is not something that has never happened before." As I say this I look over at Dominic and Jocelyn who had been speaking to Cassie. Dom makes his way towards me with Jocelyn and I smile at him. 

"I'm sure some of you may know my friend Dominic Ford. Alpha of Blue Mist pack." I say this and look around, finding my father among the crowd. He looks away and I frown. "Well anyways. Alpha Dominic and his mate Jocelyn here are in the same situation as me and my mate. So don't be thinking this is to unusual. If I hear anyone speak up against my mate, you will be punished." I see fear in some of the eyes of my pack. I notice some of the elders do not look pleased. I shrug it off. "Now this is supposed to be a party right? That being said, I give you the main event!" I say this and I hear gasps as Fred sets off the first fireworks. I smile and shut off the microphone. Dominic and Jocelyn laugh and Dom pats my back. "Go see your mate." He says. I nod and turn away, making my way back to Violet. 

When I approach I see Aaron talking to her. "Happy birthday and congrats." I hear him say. She looks nervous. "Hey you ok little one?" I ask, resting my hand on her back. She looks up at me and gives me a nervous smile. "Um I'm gonna go get something to eat." Aaron says, giving me a smile then turning away. I nod and look down at my mate. "Violet what is it?" I ask. She jumps as another firework goes off. She shakes her head then looks up with a smile. "Nothing. I'm fine." She says. I nod slowly but note to talk to her later. I pull her into my arms and she laughs. Her laugh is like music to my ears. "Let's watch the fireworks. After all, this is all for you." I tell her. She rolls her eyes but nods. I smirk and sit on the ground like everyone was starting to do. I pull her down to sit between my legs. She leans back against me and I can feel the happiness of my wolf at the feeling. I let myself relax and let all my worries fade as I watch the firework show with my beautiful mate. Nothing could make this moment better right now.