Just Wait

Later on in the week I had gotten a call from Dominic. He said his pack's doctor had come up with a way to rid our mates of the pain the drug caused them. He gave me a few instructions and I immediately took it to our pack doctor. She was able to make the cure within an hour and Violet was given it the same day. After the wolfsbane had cleared from her system, and she had received the cure, I was having to find more ways to keep myself busy until Saturday. I knew Violet would want me to mark her like I had promised, but I wanted to wait till Saturday. I kept myself busy with paperwork, making my mate annoyed. She didn't come out and say it, but I could tell from her actions. She was always trying to seduce me and it was beginning to drive me crazy. My wolf was going insane, but he didn't fight me now, because he knew I was waiting for Saturday to make the day special.

When Saturday finally came I felt relieved. Today we would spend at Disneyland and my mate would be happy. Not to mention today was the day I propose to my beautiful Violet. I walk downstairs where everyone is getting ready to leave. Violet runs up to me. "Happy Birthday kitten." I say, kissing her forehead. "Thanks." She says, laughing. "Everyone ready to go?" I ask, looking around. I catch Anthony's eyes and he give me a smile and a nod. I put my hand over the pocket that held the ring. I smile to myself. Today was going to be eventful. We all get into our cars. Rose, as well as Violet's other two friends rode in my car while everyone else got figured out with the rest. It was a long drive but I had bought tickets in advance so we wouldn't have to wait in line. Once inside the park we waiting for Jocelyn and Dom, as well as Jess who was coming with one of her pack members since Pete was busy. The others all had plans today so they couldn't make it. Everyone else had come, even my father who I had expected to stay behind. I see Jocelyn and Dom, as well as Jess and another person with her. We wave them over. "So where to first?" I ask Violet. She looks at the map in her hands then up at me with a wide smile. "I don't care I just want to see everything! I've never been here before this is amazing.!" She exclaims, making me and a few others laugh. "Lets just start from here and see what we come across as we walk." I say, putting my arm around her. She nods and I smile. "Well then everyone lets go. I do know there is an event going on at 2 over at the castle so we have to go." I say, smiling down at my mate then to everyone else who just shrug and nod. Anthony smirks and nods to me. I had come up with a plan my mate would love. I had even gone as far as to call the people ahead of time. I had actually been up here two days ago going through the plan with the people involved. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was terrified. What if she says no? What if she gets mad at me for doing this in front of so many people? I shake the thoughts from my mind. No, this was going to work, and she was going to love it.

A few hours later we had been through like 8 rides and she had freaked out over about 20 different characters. Her favorite however, had run off. "Ugh I've heard that Peter Pan runs from people all the time but I was hoping that was a joke." She says as we, yet again, looking for Peter Pan. Jess laughs. "He like always runs off from older people who want to meet him." She says to my mate as we walk past a group of children crowding around Minnie Mouse. "Well lets keep exploring. I'm sure he'll appear again somewhere." Anthony says to her. I look down at my watch, it's a little after 1 now. We've got less than an hour till that event show thing. "Lets start heading that way, I'm sure there is a lot of cool stuff around the castle." I tell Violet, smiling. She nods excitedly. "Hey maybe we'll see him there." Rose says. I nod and Violet excitedly nods as well and follows. We head towards the castle and by the time we get there its 1:30. I put my hand over my pocket nervously. The ring was feeling 10x heavier than before. Anthony was the only one who knew what I was going to do today so he was my only support. While Violet is looking at some stand with Rose I sneak over to where Anthony stood. "Nervous?" He asks. I nod, not saying anything. He chuckles. "You'll do fine." He says. I nod slowly.

I look around and catch the eyes of one of the employs. He gives me a nod and looks past me to the girls. I get the hint and walk over, putting my arm around Violet so they know who she is. She smiles up at me. "The show thing should be starting soon. Lets get over to the stage." I say, smiling and kissing her forehead. She nods and we walk over with everyone and stand near the stage. People are all gathering around our group as we stand there. The crew were setting up things. I feel the nervousness all over. "You ok Heath?" Violet asks, looking up at me. I smile and nod. "Yeah there's just a lot of people very close." I chuckle. She smiles and nods, leaning her head on my shoulder. "I love you." She says. I smile. "I love you too little one." I say and she laughs and hugs me. I hear music and look up at the stage.

The show was weird and kind of crazy. Peter Pan showing up made Violet very excited. As some of the characters exit the stage, the Peter Pan guy stays up there. "I was told we have some birthdays out there. Just like to wish you people a happy birthday! You're all one year closer to growing up for good.." He says, making people laugh. "We have one special lady here today. Her boyfriend actually called and asked us to help him out with a birthday present. Can we get her up here?" As he says this an employee walks over to us and smiles at Violet. She stiffens. I laugh. "He's talking about you." I say as the woman holds out a hand to my mate who looks at me. I grin as she follows the woman. I turn to our family and friends who look confused. I give them all a grin as well before following my mate. I stand at the end of the stage as she is walked over to the guy. "So I'm told your name is Violet." He says and she nods. "My name is Peter!" He laughs. "So anyways. Your boyfriend had a little gift for you, and he wanted to share it with everyone." I walk over, hand in my pocket, holding the ring nervously. Violet turns to face me and she has the biggest smile. My nervousness fades as I get to her. "Hey there kitten." I say quietly to her. She giggles. "We've been together almost 2 whole years. We've had a heck of a ride. Things I never knew were possible.. Became possible thanks to you. You have made me the happiest man alive and I love you more than anything in this world. I would be lost without you. This was all difficult to plan. I even got your favorite character involved. But with that said," I get down on one knee and she gasps, her hands flying off her mouth. Why do girls even do that? "Violet Simms, will you marry me?" I hold out the ring and give her a warm smile. I hear people cheering and stuff. Violet nods. "Of course!" She exclaims. I jump up and hug her, spinning her around as everyone claps and cheers. I set her on her feet and grab her hands, sliding the ring onto her finger. She stares at it. "This was my mom's.." She says and I nod. "Your dad gave it to me, said I could only propose if I used this ring." I laugh. She smiles and hugs me. "Best birthday present ever." She says excitedly. I lean closer to her ear. "Not for long. Just wait till tonight." I say in a quiet, teasing tone. She looks at me with wide eyes and I just smirk.

Hope you're all liking the story! Please hit the like button and leave me a comment!