Why Must You Be So Difficult

Word Count: 1209

The next morning I woke up before Violet and I just smile at her as I wait for her to wake up. I keep my arm around her, feeling excited to finally have her in my arms. I feel her move and watch her eyes flutter open. I smile at her and I see the slight pink in her cheeks. "Good morning beautiful." I say, making her face go even brighter. I chuckle, kissing her forehead. "Are you hungry little one?" I ask. She nods and I smile. "Then let's go eat." I say. I roll out of the bed and she giggles, following after me. I walk towards the door and leave it open for her. I walk to my room and grab a shirt, throwing it on before meeting her at my door. "We should stay in my bed next time kitten. Its much softer." I whisper in her ear, closing the door as I do. I see her shocked expression and I chuckle, taking her hand and leading her downstairs to the kitchen. When we get there I see many people sitting and laughing as they eat breakfast. One I notice, is Allison. She turns when she hears us walk in and her smile turns to a deep frown. I ignore her and put my arm around Violet. I see Michelle and Darian sitting on bar stools. I lead her over and we sit with them. 

"I see your settling nicely." Michelle says, giving Violet a smirk and glancing at my shirt she wore. Violet blushes but nods. "Yeah.. I find it is actually more comfortable to wear his clothes." She say shyly. I smile and hug her. "Good, I'll let you wear any of my clothes. Though I may need to look for the shirts that are to small for me anymore. That looks gigantic on you little one." I chuckle and she giggles, nodding in agreement. I let her continue talking to my sister as I stand to get us both something to eat. 

I peak into the main kitchen and see people cooking. I step in and one of them bows. "Alpha, what can I get you?" She asks. "Can I get 2 plates please. Put a little more on mine. The other is for my mate." I smile at her. She nods with a smile and turns to grab 2 plates. "How is the new Luna?" She asks as she fills the plates. "Trying to get used to it all." I laugh as I say this. She hands me one plate then starts the next. "It must be difficult for her. She's young, but I'm sure she will get used to it with time." She tells me. I smile. Even the omegas were excited for their new Luna. I hear a crashing sound back in the dining room, and yelling. I growl and the girl hands me the other plate. She runs over and opens the door for me to walk out. I walk out and see exactly what I didn't want to. 

Allison was screaming at my sister. I growl and set the plates down. Violet looks up at me, a frown in her face. "You're acting like her best friend! What about me? I was your best friend until that little bitch got in the way! She took you away from me, she took Heath away from me! She doesn't even deserve to be the Luna of this pack!" She yells at my sister and I snarl. They both turn and face me, Allison looking scared. I walk over and growl down at her. "You will not speak to my sister that way, and you will not talk about my mate that way! I was never yours to begin with Allison. I suggest you give it up or I will be forced to remove you from my pack." I say all this in a stern voice, keeping my anger at a minimum. I knew many were watching and I didnt want to loose control. She bows her head but I can tell she is angry. She storms away and out of the dining room. I glare after her and shake my head.

I turn and look around. Michelle was hugging Darian while crying. I give him a nod and he carries her out of the room. I look at the pack warriors who sat at the table. "Keep an eye on Allison. I dont trust her." I growl, then walk back over and sit beside Violet who was staring at her food but not touching it. "Violet.. Whats wrong love.." I ask quietly. She looks up. "She's right... I dont deserve to be Luna.. I am way to young.." I growl as she says this. "That is not true. You have as much of a right to be Luna as any Luna before you. Don't let that bitch get to you. She doesn't know what she's talking about Violet." She nods slowly but I can tell she still believes Allison. I put my arm around her and pull her closer. "Little one please. You are my mate, and you are my Luna. Nothing will ever change that." I tell her. She sighs and nods. "Awe you guys are so cute!" I look up and see Rose staring at us with a smile. I smirk and release my mate. "You should eat Violet." I tell her. She nods and digs in quietly. I smile and start eating my food as well, as everyone goes back to talking and eating.

After breakfast I walked back upstairs with Violet. I let her go off to her room to get dressed while I went to mine to put on some jeans. I had told her to come to my room when she finished so I sat on my bed and waited for her. I wanted to take her out but I feared she would be uncomfortable if so many people saw us. I could care less about what humans thought, but she is a shy girl that doesn't like a bunch of attention. I look up when I hear her enter the room. I smile as she comes over to stand beside me. "So what are we doing today?" She asks. I look down at my phone. "Well I dont have any work to do right away. I was thinking about a movie. I have a list right here of the movies playing at the local theater." I tell her, showing her my phone. She frowns. "Oh.. I thought we'd just do something here..." She says in a nervous tone. I sigh. So this is how it's going to be with her. Just as I thought. My wolf whimpers, which has never happened before. He is always the stronger of the two of us. I was usually the one feeling down about these things. "Its just a movie.. Besides, it'll be dark." I try to give her a reassuring smile. "I know... But people will judge... You know how humans are.." She says quietly. I sigh again. "Ok.. We can watch a movie here. That's fine too." I say, smiling. She nods and smiles at me. Little one why must you be so difficult.