Connor McDavid

requested by StephanieMcCarthy43

"Connor, focus on me, you have a test tomorrow." You try to get his attention away from the ice where the team is doing a quick skate before anyone shows up before the game.

He waves you off and you scoff. Reaching over and grabbing his cheeks in your hand, you give him a long kiss. Like always, it catches his attention. "Yeah babe?" He mumbles against your lips.

"We have work to do so you don't have to study after the game." You sit back in your seat and pull the European History book out in front of you. 

"Your backpack is just adorable, Y/N, I can't believe you actually drew that." Connor snatches up the bag. During your calculus class, you got bored of not having Connor next to you, so you drew on your white canvas backpack. It now hold Connor's favorite childhood character, Winnie the Pooh. 

"What happened during the 15th century?" You ignore him with a faint smile on your face. 

"Easy the Renaissance."

**

Coyotes always gave the Oilers a run for their money, and that is why during a game like this, sitting in a box is always excruciating when all you want to do is bang on the glass and jump up and down. 

Connor was holding your hand near the end of the third period, and it was tied, 3-3, sudden death over time was something you think that neither of you could handle. And when nobody scored when the clock hit zero, your heart dropped. 

"I want to be down there so bad right now." Connor is a nervous wreak. 

"Why don't you go sit down there for overtime, I'm sure they'll let you stand next to the bench." You check the clock on the jumbo-tron, "You probably could make it down there in time, you have five minutes."

"And leave you here? I think not." He pulls you out of you seat and hands you your backpack. 

He leads through the hallways trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible so you can make it down there as fast as possible. Of course then there were those fans who can recognize him just by the way he walks, and they stopped you once or twice. 

"Have you ever been down here? Like into the actual locker room?" He asks you once we turn in front of the doors that lead to the back room. 

"There was that one time you forgot your running shoes and I had to bring them, but they didn't let me into the backroom because I forgot my credentials at home." You tell him about the other times where the security was too stubborn to listen to you and take pictures on your phone as proof that you are in fact the girl friend on the rookie, not some poser. 

"I'll have to fix that then." Connor kisses your forehead and opens the door for you. 

The moment you walk in, you can hear McLellan's speech that is slowly building up the team's excitement. Quietly, you and Connor slip in and stand off to the side. And when the team left, you stayed in the locker room while Connor went to stand next to the ice.

"Are you sure?" He asks you just before he leaves.

"Yeah, I might just pass out in your stall. Wake me up if anything good happens." You give him a small peck on the lips and quickly find a seat in his stall as he walks out. 

It wasn't long until you were nodding off, nothing fun happening in the first five minutes of overtime. 

And you stayed sleeping until Connor came to wake you up for the shoot out. "You might want to watch it." He was telling you how much cooler it was on ice level, and sitting with the team.  

The shoot out put you on edge, you can barely stand overtime, but shoot outs could put you into cardiac arrest. Other than the fact that Connor basically jumped on top of you every time they made a goal, everything was fine. 

The shoot out went on forever, continuously tying the game, and then finally Taylor Hall made a goal, while Tobias Rieder didn't make one. You weren't aware of what was louder, the goal horn signaling the Oiler's win or the screams of the fans who were in suspense for more than an hour. 

Connor throws his arm around your neck, and like he does after every win, rubs his fist over your hair repeatedly. 

"Man, I wish you could come to games more often." He says, "And I actually want to sit with you." 

"Don't say that, when you're playing I get to cheer you on and wear your jersey."

He kisses you full on the lips, "I guess that will work too."

**

sorry its so late but i was waiting for this special day so here it is...

okay. alert. alert. MY BBY IS BACK. I REPEAT CONNOR IS BACK. AND HE IS PLAYING TODAY