Jonathan Toews

enjoy his prince charming hair, i really wish he would grow it out more.

"We are having two trees this year." Is the first thing that you are greeted with when you open the front door at 9 AM. Your boyfriend wasn't in bed when you woke up, and now you know where he went, tree shopping without you. Now you're stuck with two trees, men shopping never ends well for anyone.

Jon and Patrick come in carrying a huge tree, and Corey and Trevor come in carrying a slightly smaller tree. All four men flash your an innocent smile as one pair heads down the steps to the basement and the other to the living room.

"How am I supposed to find decorations for all of these?" You follow Jonny down the steps into the designated family room. Your and Jon's nephew's and niece's toys are set up neatly in the corner next to the television's large cabinet. In the other corner is a bucket full of plush blankets, a bucket that Patrick kicks out of the way so he can put the tree in that corner.

He winces when all of the blankets pour out onto the carpet, "Sorry Y/N, I'll refold them in a second."

Jon pecks your lips lightly, "I took care of that." Right when he says that, Corey and Trevor come down stairs carrying the boxes of all of my old decor and bags of the new stuff that Jon just bought. "You can choose what goes where."

The old stuff was the classic Christmas stuff, red, gold and white ornaments with tinsel and yellow lights and they looked more worn, especially with the hand made bows you and Jon made last year. The new stuff was mainly white and gold, with a can of fake snow to spray on the green tree. Jonny even went as far as buying a new tree stand with a fluffy white blanket to go under it.

He surprised you and your previous statement was retracted, maybe men can shop on their own. "Oh my, thank you guys." Your hand was still over your mouth in shock when your brother, Trevor, hugs you tightly.

"No problem sissy." He doesn't miss a beat, being the impatient brat you grew up with, "Now do you want the new ones upstairs or downstairs?" He lets go of you and tugs on a strand of hair that fell out of your bun.

Waving your hands around, trying to get your pesky brother away from you, you let out a strangled, "Upstairs!" You wanted them up there because the basement looks more lived in than the living room upstairs, and you wanted the more homey decor in the basement.

When everyone but Trevor, left your house to their rightful homes, Jonny offers to help you decorate while your brother offered to clean out the fridge. The basement tree was done first because everything was already set up for it, the one upstairs was going to take longer.

You had to take it outside to the back patio and spray it down and wait an hour for it to dry. Then we had to untangle and brush out the furry white tinsel, and wrap it around the tree after we bought it inside. There was a point that Jon had to get on a chair to reach the top of the tree.

We had stars, sphere ornaments with many designs, Jonny even went as far as buying fake white flowers to weave into the tree. With all the lights and hanging decor done, all that was left is the star.

"Will you do the honors?" Jonathan teases you by holding the star up high and getting down on both knees.

"Of course." You play along holding your hands over your heart.

First you try the chair, you were still a couple inches short, and the step ladder didn't do anything because it was the same height as the chair. "We have a problem." You pout, "I can't reach the top of the tree."

Jonathan gestures you to come over to him and with no hesitation, he lifts you up to sit on his shoulders. With his height under you, you well cleared the height of the tree. With the star on top, you plug it into the last set of lights and the whole room fills up with the gold glow.

"Trevor come look!" You were still on Jonny's shoulders celebrating when your brother comes into the room.

With a mouth full of food, Trevor comes running in, and the only thing he says is, "This looks so tumblr." Before taking a picture of you and Tazer in front of the tree.

When your feet touch the floor, you notice that there is one odd silver ornament lying under the tree. "We dropped this one, I think it is for the tree downstairs." You comment, inspecting the round ball. Right down the middle there is a thin straight line running through it. "Did we break it?"

Slowly Jon stops you from trying to open it, and takes it from your hands. This time he wasn't teasing you when he got down on one knee.

Your hand is covering your mouth in shock the moment you see the ring. You felt like it described you perfectly.

"I wasn't expecting you to find this until Christmas day, because you usually never clean up the mess after decorating. But you were right, this was supposed to be on the tree down stairs. Now with a week before Christmas, I was getting nervous about your answer because you might get tired of me. And Trevor wasn't exactly putting positive thoughts in my head."

Trevor cuts him off, "Minor details, now stop rambling." Jonathan blushes a bit, and with the pink hue in his cheeks, he continues.

"So in short, I love you Y/N and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

cliff hanger ya filthy animals. 

it's only a cliff hanger bc I'm bad at writing sappy endings. but minor details.

this is on time, but happy birthday Louis Tomlinson  and i'm sorry for your loss (not on time but yeah) this is a day late, but merry christmas. this is two days late, but happy hanukkah. this is a month late, but happy thanksgiving.

but thank y'all for reading, 

AIDA/SAM

ps more prince charming pics next chapter