Jesper Fast

requested by chelocean22 its not as cute as I hoped but I updated

  "See you at the top!" You shout over your shoulder, as you run out of the lodge towards the ski lift. You sit down on an empty lift chair, out of breath from racing ahead of your friends.

To your surprise, someone takes the open seat next to you, just as the lift is about to get underway. You look over at them, a bit annoyed to be sharing the bench with a stranger.

They catch your glare and push their goggles up onto their helmet, revealing their face. "I'm sorry, were you saving this seat for someone?" They ask, turning to you.

"No," you reply, staring at the stranger in disbelief. You almost feel stupid for not recognizing him sooner - Jesper Fast. You do your best to hide that you know him, so that he can stay incognito.

"I'm Jesper, by the way," he offers, smiling at you. He extends a gloved hand to you.

You shake it and smile back, amused that he didn't try to impress you with his celebrity. "I'm [Y/N]. So, are you from around here?" You ask, already aware that he isn't.

"No, actually, I'm originally from Sweden," Jesper answers.

"Really?" You feign shock. "What brings you to New York, then?"

"Work," he responds, coyly. "What about you? Are you local?"

"Yeah, born and raised. So, what do you do?"

Before Jesper has a chance to answer, the lift comes to a halt. An announcement comes over a PA system, reassuring everyone that the lift will be moving again shortly, and to not panic.

"Great," you grumble under your breath.

"What? You don't want to spend a couple extra minutes talking?" Jesper jokes.

"No, it's not that," you start to answer, before Jesper interrupts you excitedly.

"Good! Then, where were we? What I do, right?" You nod.

"I play hockey," he says plainly.

"I know," you admit, "my brother is actually a huge Rangers fan. I know it sounds silly, but you seemed like you liked not being recognized, so I played along."

Jesper just laughs. "It's okay, [Y/N]. Sure, I like being able to do things without being recognized, but I also love the fans and don't mind being seen." You smile.

"So, you have a brother?" Jesper asks, changing the subject to spare you any further awkwardness.

"Yup. He's probably stuck on the lift somewhere back there, completely unaware that his sister is talking to one of his favorite hockey players." You can't help but laugh at the coincidence.

You notice that Jesper has been slowly shifting towards you, but don't want to read too much into it. It was one thing that you two somehow wound up on the same lift, but him hitting on you? That would be too unreal.

Jesper looks down at the small space between you, letting the brief silence grow as he absentmindedly fiddled with his ski poles.

You clear your throat. "I hope they get this lift moving soon," you sigh half-heartedly, knowing that you'd actually like nothing more than to just sit and talk with Jesper. Sure, you knew all his professional stats and things like that from your brother, but you found yourself already growing fond of his company and wanted to get to know him more personally.

As if hearing your thoughts, another announcement came over, informing everyone that the lift was about to start moving and to stay seated.

"Too bad," Jesper says. "I was beginning to hope we'd be stuck up here longer." He looks at you, a flirtatious flash in his eyes.

"Well, there's no law against talking once we get off the lift," you retort cheekily.

"Good point, [Y/N]. How would you like to get some hot chocolate and get to know each other better when we get back to the lodge?"

"I'd like that a lot, Jesper." You give a small smile, containing your excitement.

"Perfect," Jesper smiles back.

"But first," you prepare to get off the lift as it reaches the top of the slope, "race you to the bottom!"  

** 

okay guys, im going to loose my computer soon, so that probably means I won't be able to update until I get back from summer break! yayy! unless A) I type up like 20 different imagines in advance or B) i type on my ipad which is impossible

with that said, I'm going to update as much as I can during the summer bc I have one month of school left 

-sam