Alex Galchenyuk

this is from like 2017 and i never posted it bc it got hidden in my drafts so that's why PK and Alex are still teammates in this

You spun lazily in your chair as you scrolled through your contacts looking for one of your guy friends that would be up at this hour. As a Youtuber you were supposed to have this video out yesterday as you had scheduled but there was a problem with the audio when you tried to record it with your microphone.

Your finger hesitated over a name, you know he finished a hockey game earlier in the night and would be getting ready to go to sleep.

"Hey, Alex?" You ask, putting the phone up to your ear.

"Hey,  Y/N. What's up? And why are you up? It's 4 in the morning."

"Could ask the same to you, but I was wondering if you could help me with a video really quick."

"How can I help? I know nothing about makeup."

"That's kinda the point." You say, giggling a bit. You could hear Alex sighing and rubbing his face. "You don't have to put makeup on anyone. Don't worry." You reassured him, knowing how it went when they did it to PK.

"Thank God."

"I'm able to come over right?"

"Always."

***

You pulled your phone out of your pocket as you pulled into Alex's driveway. Your parked behind his car and texted him that you were there.

You shut the car door and made your way up the front walk. If you were quiet enough and really listened for it, she could hear the faint sound of his TV playing inside the living room. You cradled your laptop in your arms as the door opened, engulfing you in the warmth. You forgot how nervous you got around Alex in person.

"Hey." Alex said stepping aside and gesturing his arm for you to come inside. "What can I help you with?"

"Okay so my microphone isn't working and I need to do a voiceover for a video I was supposed to have out yesterday. But-"

"Why didn't you call me sooner?"

"I thought you'd be busy!"

"Busy doing what? I can make time for you."

"I want you to do the voiceover though. That's the thing." You say trying to change the subject quickly. Your hands were shaking.

"Oh God. I said I don't know anything about makeup!" Alex said slouching slightly as he began walking towards the stairs.

"I know! But it's kind of a thing on YouTube right now for beauty vloggers to have their boyfr - guy friends - do voice overs for their videos." You say catching yourself suddenly as you followed Alex to his room. He laughed slightly.

"You were going to say boyfriend."

"I mean that's what it usually is. I just don't have one. You know what? Let's just drop it." You murmur feeling sudden dejection.

"Sorry," Alex said sitting down in his chair, reaching out his hand for your laptop. "So I just need to get this straight before I do it. You want me to watch the video and narrate what I think is going on even if I have no real idea?"

"Exactly."

"Great casting choice. Let me tell you." Alex said before taking a drink of water and pressing record. You sat down on the edge of Alex's bed, trying not to laugh at the mocking voice he was using.

***

Alex pressed the stop button and turned around with a bewildered face. "You look like you just fought in a war." You let out a breathy laugh.

"I did! How do you do that? It looks so complicated!"

"It's really not. It just takes practice."

"What do you want me to do with the audio file?" Alex said breathlessly.

"Can you just email it to me? I gotta edit it and schedule it and that stuff."

"I gottcha." Alex said typing on his computer before you stood up to take your laptop and leave, "Y-you know you can stay. If-if you want."

"What?"

"You can stay here."

"Like for the night or until I finish editing?" You ask hesitantly.

"Either."

"Are you sure?"

***

You were still editing and running through the video even after Alex had gotten into bed. He watched from beside you as you clicked around the screen making sure the audio was synced up before you exported the video, set the thumbnail, and gave the title and description.

You were in the midst of typing 'Day to Night Look | A Hockey Player Does My Voiceover' when Alex interrupted her.

"Wait. Change that."

"Change what?"

"Instead of Hockey Player."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing. It's just that if you want to change it to boyfriend, I wouldn't complain."