Patrick Kane

requested by girlhead26

The city was beneath you, the bright lights flashing, and the lift was going back and forth carrying people back to the leveled ground.

A hand touches the small of your back and your little boy, Marc attaches himself to your leg. He tries to get your attention but Patrick is also asking for your attention. Picking Marc up, you turn to face your husband, and he looks down at the both of you.

"Your practice is tomorrow, but when is the competition?" Patrick gestures to the stadium, you can barely see it over the Christ the Redeemer statue.

"Mama is going to swim?" Marc looks confused, why would his mom go swimming without him, because you usually practice with him playing in the pool with you.

"Yeah mama is swimming tomorrow, and Thursday." You answer both Patrick and Marc at the same time. "And on Friday, we're going back home.

Back at the hotel, you tackle Marc, and try to get him to sleep in his bed instead of crawling his way between you and his father. Once he is finally asleep, you get yourself ready for bed, and lie down next to Pat.

"Are you sure that you want this to be your last event?" Patrick asks you, you could tell that it has been on his mind all day, he didn't want you to give up something you loved to do.

"I'm getting older, and so is Marc, I want to spend time with him instead of flying him out to swim meets with me and homeschooling him." You answer, because honestly, you've been thinking about the subject to. "Besides the best way to end a career is with a Olympic medal."

Patrick sighs and turns to lay on his side, "Whatever makes you happy."

When competition day hit, you didn't want to talk to anyone. Patrick knew that, so he took Marc out and about the Olympic village with your pass.

You were only swimming the 200 meter freestyle, and you didn't want to sit on the bench waiting for them to get to your competition, so you decided to wait in the practice pools, a little ways away from the actual event. You didn't really move, you just waded in the water, not wanting to move at all.

By the time your heat was called, your were drowning in nerves. It wasn't your first time in the Olympics, but this is the first time you actually have a chance in winning this thing. When the signal was sounded, you took off, the water swishing behind you.

You felt light, like the fastest thing on Earth, but you didn't bother looking back to see where the rest of the competitors were. And when you hit the plate for the last time, you look up, and around at everyone, especially the other swimmers.

They were at least a full second behind you, and you take a chance and look at your time, 1:51.8, and you start crying, because you just beat the world, and Olympic record, by a few milliseconds.

Your coach didn't even wait for you to ease yourself out of the water, she pulls you up and out, and doesn't even wait for a towel to hug you. You were celebrating, because you knew that people would have a hard time beating the time, no matter how good they are.

You watched the rest of the competition in peace, knowing that you finally achieved what you've been working for, a medal.

The day after your competition, the day you were supposed to catch a flight home right after the awards. But you woke up to a empty room, neither of the blonde boys were seen. After that was done, you set out on your mission to find your family.

You didn't even bother changing out of your pajamas, you were just stepping downstairs into the cozzy breakfast area the hotel has, it didn't bother you, but you didn't have to get into the elevator. As soon as you were reaching to touch the button to go down, the door slide open, revealing your husband juggling multiple plates filled with breakfast foods and Marc sporting his dad's giant ball cap and sunglasses.

"Hi mama! Bye mama!" Your son shouts, walking around you and towards your room door. Reaching into his pant pocket, the young boy pulls out his father's oversized wallet and chooses the room key.

You watch as the two men in your life struggle to open a door and carry some plates and you couldn't be more grateful.