Claude Giroux

requested by dreamingisbelieving8

"Y/N! Come on, please? He'll love meeting the team, and they'll love him. Win-win situation." Claude tries to get you to break the resolve you have put up.

"No, I really don't want him to be a distraction, he might embarrass you, he'll be better off with my mom." The man of the conversation -your son, five year old Jared- comes barreling past with one of his friends, their arms spread apart like they are airplanes.

Claude seems to be annoyed that you were trying to avoid letting him come to barbecue that the Schenn brothers were having. "I promise, he can't do anything that would embarrass me, and if he did, I'm a big boy, I can take care of it. Please." He stretches out the last couple letters in the word 'please' as if it would convince you even more.

You put the wooden spoon down and turn to face him with your back to the stove, "I'll think about it."

The day of the barbecue, Claude woke up early to help you pack an over night bag for Jared. "Let me pack his bag, you go get ready." He says to you, giving you a peck on your lips as he leaves the room.

You weren't suspicious of anything at the time, but when you got into the car and onto the highway, you knew that your mother's house was in the other direction. You grumble and slouch in your seat, "We agreed that I'd take him to an open practice."

Claude scoffs and looks at you with a teasing smirk, "We all know that you're going to somehow find a way to not show up, so I'm doing you a favor."

Giving him a smile, you answer his reply, "You know me so well."

"Momma?" Jared speaks up from the backseat, "Am I going to go swimming with Daddy?" The team decided that they are going to play while the women cook, and now he wanted in. 

"That depends on if Daddy is going to watch you." Giving Claude a pointed look, and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Why not? Yeah, I'll watch you." 

**

At the barbecue, Jared was quick to jump into the pool, and so was Claude, so you head to the kitchen where the rest of the WAGS were hiding. "Y/N!" Jessica Schenn greets you with an apron and a hug. "I heard you were coming and I realized how long it's been since I've seen you."

"Wait, wait, wait! I heard something interesting while all the boys were stampeding to the pool." Erin -Matt Read's wife- starts, "Is it true that Jared started calling Claude, Dad?" 

You blush and look out the window overlooking the pool, "He just started this morning, Claude went to wake him up and he came back with the biggest smile on his face, it was pretty amazing." Claude lifts Jared up and out of the water, and onto his shoulders to play a game of chicken against Lecavalier's son Gabriel. 

"That is so cute!" Shayn's girlfriend, Gina exclaims, "Is there any chance that he is going to put a ring on the both of you?" 

Immediately your right hand goes to cover the rock on your left, and the whole room, including the ones who were supposed to be watching the cooking food, let out a gasp. "No way!" Someone would say, or a, "Let me see!" would slip out.

Once you go around showing them the knotted band ring, it was time for everyone to get out of the pool and you go grab towels for your fiancé and son. You walk outside and you're immediately attacked by Jared and Claude shaking their hair out like dogs. "Really?" You question them, because now your favorite sleeveless shirt is going to smell like salt water for the rest of the day.

"You love us," Claude says as he takes a towel away from you.

You try to bend down and help Jared dry his hair, but he shakes his head, "I wanna be just like Daddy."  He whispers to you, and then takes the towel to copy Claude, "Yeah, Momma, you love us." 

i'm sorry this is so short! i don't want to offend you but i'm not a huge fan of Claude or the flyers, so i was lost on this one but i hope you like it :)