Chapter 10/82: Concealed Nostalgie

Happy reading! Vote/comment<3
~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Frozen at the entry of the office, I gazed into the pair of curious and cold glinting blue orbs ─which were gazing back into me with blistering intensity.

My ears whistled for a second or so, as my breath shivered.

And then I was shook back to situation by Mr. Byron's voice.

"Woah! I can see the nostalgia right in your eyes!" He chuckled.

I blinked, and a soft blush crept over my face, as I shifted my attention from my ex-employer.

As I closed the door of the office behind me, it hit me I had to greet our very pleasant 'guests' when they stood up.

Yes. I said 'they'.

Because Rickard Ellington Conway was not alone.

Because there was a woman beside him. And not just any woman, I believe I damn much could tell who she was.

His new private secretary.

As I approached them, I had the chance to examine her up close.

She was a simple beauty, that is the perfect discription. Nothing in particular appealed to the eye, but there wasn't a single fault to find in her outer appearance.

She had a mole just below her purple-colored lips, and her eyes were pure blue. And she wore a thin pair of optic-glasses.

I reached her first, as she extended her hand, and I took it to shake it.

As I shook her hand, something there caught my attention, and I felt a bit... relieved, but also... creepy. I had seen this thing somewhere, but... where?

"Miss Kurina Bancroft," His deep, and authoritative voice made a shiver creep over my skin, and snapped me out of my thoughts.

Miss... But how? She...

"She is the new private secretary at my office." His voice cut my thoughts again, and I had no idea how I got this feeling, but for a second, it had sounded like he was showing off before me. The cursed son of a bachelor.

And crappily enough, his words hit me. Hard.

My eyes suddenly stung, as I let go of her hand, and turned to flash a forced, and extremely plastic smile at him.

"Oh, she's lovely."

And I extended my hand, as he took it, and we shook hands.

Electric volts transferred from his body to mine, and yet neither of us let go.

Our eyes clashed, and his icy stare almost froze my bones.

His hand was encircled around mine with a weird sensation; that kind of gentle, hard, confident, and yet... persistent touch.

Dammit I missed the warmth.

"Now allow me to introduce my new secretary to you, Kurina!" Conor Byron's flirtatious voice made me jump suddenly, and I backed a few steps away, flushing.

Crap!! What was I doing, shaking the man's hand for almost a minute?!

Then again, why didn't he let go?! Ughh!!

"Charlotte Thorne, she's such a cutie-pie!" He winked at me, and the Bancroft secretary stiffened for an unnoticeable second, as the shadow of a dark look passed her face but it was directly masked.