Chapter 28/100: Twisted Logic

Read, enjoy, comment lots!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A desperate sob escaped me, and my grip over the hand slackened.

Tears wanted to escape my eyes but got stuck on the blindfold.

"You may," Tavolecci's chuckle came, "Let go of the hand just for once, considering this is fatal, and the test will continue normally!"

I let go of the hand, and the man before me shifted to move again.

Upon his shift, his intoxicating scent snuggled into my nostrils again, and I breathed the whole thing in.

My hands shot out to grab the man's hand again.

It did not go unnoticed by me that it was his right hand.

I gripped the hand again, and the guy stopped in his tracks.

From beside me, I heard Tavolecci's loud snort.

"Che cosa stai facendo, stupido!"

**Che cosa stai facendo, stupido!: What are you doing, you stupid!**

Hmm, the stupido seemed relatable, at least.

I roamed my fingers over the hand, and as they finally touched 'that', I became sure.

"I-It's him! This is him!" I exclaimed, my voice hopeful but tear-stained.

As my hands shook over the right, hard and masculine hand, I awaited for some kind of reaction.

A reaction to ease my uneasiness.

"Th-This is Mr. Ellington..." I pleaded, "Tell me I am right!" My voice faltered this time, and my grip over the hand shivered.

At that, something which quite surprised me, happened.

The hand moved to enclose around mine.

Warmth transferred from the hand, to my fingertips at first, and then to my hand as whole, and then on so towards my body, finally reaching my heart.

I licked my lips, they'd somehow dried.

Tavolecci's hysterical laughter echoed at that, and I felt his nasty hand grip my upperarm at that, as he tried to pull me towards him.

"I said: it is not him!" His tone came serious, almost mad upon my defiance. "If you are so sure, then you are either of the two: a cheater, or a fool!"

I shuddered, and I inhaled the scent again, then touched that 'thing' again.

"I am neither!" I whispered, "And yet I know it's hi─ Ouch!" I whimpered as he tugged at my upperarm, and tried pulling me towards him, but I kept holding onto the particular right hand.

He tried again, and I resisted.

"You... Your defiance now gives me the right to officially declare your lo─" A voice cut him off, and I could feel his grip over my upperarm become undone.

"Enough, Tavolecci." A hard, deep, and chilly voice echoed superiorly.

I gasped.

And at that, a hard, muscular hand enclosed around my other upperarm ─not the one facing towards Tavolecci, and the hand gripped tightly.

And in a second, it pulled me in its direction.

Or, better say, his direction.

"Piantala di fare casino." The order came, cold, commanding.