Chapter 13/85: Exquisite Dinner, No?

A bit late! Vote+Comment!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The flash in the eyes of Rickard Ellington Conway ─who was eying me in my... position with Abel Nicholas Daniels, raised some questions in my self.

Three, if I were to be exact:

First of which was: weird, why is he giving me such an unfathomable yet piercing look? It somehow feels like he's... displeased?

And what came second was this: what was Abel Daniels doing for heaven's sake?!

And then came the third, and most pleasing of all: What the hell was I doing?!

I shuddered, but words did not come out.

What was even more stunning was the fact that Nicholas Daniels did not let go, he was not even uttering a word.

The president's piercing gaze roamed over the manly hands around me, until they finally cane up to my face.

To meet my eyes.

Rickard Ellington's fierce gaze clashed into mine, and at that, I realized he had not stopped moving a second ago.

His perfectly even pace had faltered a step when he came across us, and time froze at that step inside me, and then he'd regained his perfect pace as fast as he'd missed it.

He continued walking, as his dark, and somehow storming gaze snapped away from me.

He passed beyond us, and, for a second, I thought I'd heard some weird, unfathomable mutterings escape him for only my hearing level.

"Such tiring work you must have, I see." His voice was almost inaudible, as he kept looking straight with his chin held up and his gaze steady before him.

I gasped, and before I had the chance to reply, I gaped at an elegantly blue-dressed Miss(us) Kurina Byron who followed him.

Abel seemed to notice them, but he shifted not.

Soon enough, they ascended to the second floor and disappeared.

I recalled I was still in Nicholas Daniels' arms at that.

I also recalled Nicholas Daniels earlier words:

'You speak the same things as her...'

I wet my lips.

"Uh-Um, Abel?" I whispered. "What did you mean I speak the same things as he─"

"Oh! You two are already here!"

Upon hearing the voice of Conor Byron, our president, Abel Daniels' body gave a fierce shudder, as he quickly let go of me, and turned to eye the seventh branch president with wide eyes.

"I..." The wolven-eyed, once-calm man stuttered.

Surprisingly enough, Conor Byron's expression seemed to be pretty amused at Abel Daniels' unsettlement. "Hmm? Am I right to say I see you two have become pretty close?"

We both eyed him with wide eyes, and I opened my mouth to deny his statement, but Nicholas Daniels was faster.

"No," I eyed as his expression went back into a scary neutrality ─something close to coldness, I might say. "I was simply helping her fix the strap of her dress without anyone noticing, for the sake of not causing a commotion." He iced.

I blinked at him, what... is he saying?

Byron snorted, "Oh that's cold! Isn't she sweet though?" He winked at me, and I swallowed.