Chapter 19/91:Problem Magnet

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! *Wink* / Ps. Notice the switched numbers in the title :)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A millisecond after my legs started departing from the sill, hands encircled around my neck again, and pulled me back from the air.

I gasped.

No! He caught me again!!

Sh-Shit ─It's worth a curse now!!

I clenched my teeth, and my hands went up to clutch at the wrists wrapped around me again.

Somehow though, they seemed larger and harder than what they've been a moment ago.

And also, they weren't particularly strangling me.

It was like Byron really wanted to save me.

Chehe, that's funny.

I gripped my hands further on the hard wrists around me, and pulled.

I started trying to pull him along with me.

Holy Byron, if you plan to kill me, let me die my way at least!

"G-Gahh!!" I gritted my teeth, "C-Come o...n!!!" I whined in agony, "Ughhh!!" I tried pulling further.

Damn! Byron never looked so heavy and... hard?!

I bit my lips, and a tear or two escaped my eyes, "D-Damn!! G-Go...d!"

I felt like a five year-old kid trying to carry his own father, and get him to move.

As I pulled harder, and the heat behind us felt hotter than ever, a scent slowly started slipping into my nostrils.

The scent tickled my core, and rendered it asleep.

And like a psychopath which has just been drugged to sleep, the strings of my muscles unclenched, as I slowly started sinking backwards, against the person.

That particular person.

I slowly unclenched my grip around his wrists, and started to let myself go.

Surprisingly enough though...

The hands around me only gripped harder.

My hands gripped harder again, as I sunk back against him, and used his grip around me to lower my legs from the windowsill.

Gripping even harder against me, his head lowered, and his lips brushed against my ear, sending electric shivers all through my body.

"You promised me!"

I bit my lips, trying to bite my vulnerability back.

Damn... Why does it all have to resurface when he came?! No! Unfair!

I sobbed, wordlessly, and his grip around me wavered not for a second.

"You promised you will stay away from trouble, woman!" Rickard Ellington Conway's growl echoed in my senses, in an arrogant yet burning tone.

God... He warmed my body even better than the whole fire.

Wait, holy! The fire!

I shuddered, and swallowed, trying to collect my voice.

Gathering my strength, I tried arching my head to look behind us.

There was not even half a meter between us.

"H-How─" My voice disappeared, and I tried finding it again, "Th-The f-fiah(fire)!" My pronunciation was not working anymore. I was breathless.