Chapter 30

Chapter 30
(Benji in media)
(Xavier's pov)

"Mommmmm whyyyy!" I whined sitting on the couch in the living room as she and my dad cooked for tomorrow.

          After the whole Mason fiasco the cops came like two hours later took our statements then left taking Mason saying they will keep him in jail then transfer him to prison after thanksgiving.
         My dad stayed taking her mind of what happened we are going to talk about it later but right now we just focused on the food since we were set back a couple hours.

"Get your ass up and help us Xavier I want all this food done we could finish a couple things during the day but we need to get the things that take longer done now." She yelled from the kitchen I got up before she decides to beat my ass she hates explaining herself.

I sighed getting off the couch into the kitchen it was hot as hell in here. My dad was boiling some corn beef as my mom cooked turkey in the oven while frying some chicken.

I smiled as they laughed at some jokes they threw at each other. I went to my room grabbing my phone and speakers rushing down stairs.

I turned on clubbin' by Marques Houston

"Oh shit!" My dad yelled excitedly a huge smile taking over his face. Putting down the knife dancing over to my mother picking her up from behind moving her around to the music she giggled and laughed loudly

"Cain put me down I have to cook!" She laughed my dad put her down but continued his silly dances

        I smiled watching them goof around I haven't seen my mom this happy in forever they did dances that were their inside jokes then laughed going back to cooking but still dancing and talking.

"What can I do mom?" I asked she instructed

me to skin the sweet potato since we're making yans with honey sugar and marshmallows. I nodded walking next to my dad he gave me some sweet potatoes so I skinned them then put them in the big bowl on the counter. Boiling them.

               I went over to my phone checking my messages going on snapchat I watched a lot of videos making the music stop a couple times which irritated mom and dad.

"Where is Kayden?" My mom asked

"In his room." I replied looking at her

"Tell him to get his ass down here and help he is not a guest if he wants to eat he as contribute." my mom ordered i nodded going upstairs

I stood infront of his door knocking.

"Kayden come downstairs." i said i heard his answer kay i stood there waiting for him.

Not long after he opened the door in a white wife beater and basketball shorts. Just like me but my wife beater was black and i have red basketball shorts when he had blue.

"You always have to copy me." i huffed smiling at him he rolled his eyes pushing me playfully

"I had this on first." he replied we laughed walking down stairs

We went into the kitchen the scent of food assaulted my nose.

"Dont just stand there grabb a bowl and start snapping peas." my mom said making my dad laugh.