Chapter 40

(George's pov)

"Carter calm down." I sighed swirling the glass with a small amount of whiskey in it

"No I will not calm down. We finally get him to bond with us and now he's  disappeared. I think he's in trouble george. What if Carmen has him? What if she's torturing him again, George we have to find him. Something doesnt feel right. I need him to be okay." Carter rambled pacing back and forth in the living room while im trying to watch basketball. I downed the liquor placing the cup on the coffee table.

"I think you're getting too attached. were only here to search for his father's whereabouts. now we just need to find Carmen and bring her to the higher ups."

Carter completely stopped moving standing Directly In front of the Fucking tv.

"So you're going to sit here and tell me you dont care about Antonio. Your Bestfriends son. We have spent years with Antonio we are his only family and thats the only reason he never truly hated us. George he was hurt. we hurt him trying to be covert and just going along with Carmen." He ranted his voice so loud but yet not quite yelling.

"I'm not saying i dont care it's-"

"If you care then we need to find him."

"How?" I growled pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Just because we're undercover does not mean you get to forget that I'm Your partner. Not a child."

"You're pissing me off."

"Get over it, I'm going to start making calls for weaponry by the time I get back you better have the location of his whereabouts." He spoke turning away from me. Typing away on his phone.

"Fuck."

After Carter had to yell at me about 4 times I, myself decided to make some calls.

"Caleb remember that favor you owe me?
'Yeah.'
'I Need you to find Antonio Reyes.'
'Yes again.'
'It's been about a week.'
'He was at the local high school's ice hockey game he went to support his boyfriend.'
'No.'
'Alright let me know when you find something.'
Okay." I hung up the phone throwing it on the couch next to me.

I slouched over looking at the space between my feet. Thinking about Antonio. I promised Sam that I would take care of Antonio before he was killed. He tried to tell me he was in danger but I was so stupid I should of knew.

"Fuck."

The only reason I'm even here is to find Carmen. She fled as soon as I found out that she killed Sam. Carmen called me saying that he disappeared and Antonio locked himself in his room. I went to her house just to help with Antonio but when I was at the house Carmen showed no signs of grief I know people express grief in different ways but she felt off to me so I told her I would stay with them and help which Carmen objected to constantly but I told her I wasn't leaving. The organization decided to give me cater as a partner even after I told them countless times I don't need one.

"Antonio was taken." I heard

I looked up seeing carter with tears running down his face.

"We have to save him George. We didn't train him to handle situations like this."

"It's not our jobs to-"

My sentence was cut off my a painful sting on my cheek my my head turn to the side.

"Stop speaking as if Ant is nothing more than a job. He is a teenage boy who has lost everything. You of all people should understand that." Carter glared directly into my eyes. I took a deep breath calming myself before I beat his fucking ass for putting his hands on me.