||One||

|Y/N Y/L/N|

"First day of our last year of Highschool!" Ying brushed off the skirt of her uniform, perfecting it

"Yippee..." I sighed sarcastically, finishing brushing my hair, and then slipping on my black converse.

Bless not having to wear specific shoes with our uniform.

I peered over at Ying, who was still fumbling around with her skirt. "Ying! Jeez lower your skirt...aish."

She rolled her eyes. "I gotta make this thing look good somehow. Plus, it's for Yoongi."

I gave her a gross look, and as I was grabbing my backpack a knock sounded on the door.

"Y/N! Jongin and Namjoon are here!" My mother said.

"Coming!" I yelled back, and I made my way down the stairs with Ying following.

"Hey guys." I smiled at the two boys waiting at the door.

"Morning Y/N/N." They both said. "Morning Ying Yang."

"Hey! I told you to stop calling me that years ago." She swung her purse around her arm.

"Whatever." Jongin laughed.

I said goodbye to my parents, and the four of us headed out the door.

Jongin and Namjoon have been my best friends ever since I can remember. And then in sixth grade we met Ying.

The three of them are honestly like siblings to me. I'm so grateful.

We all got into Namjoon's car and made our way to the school.

~
Twenty minutes later we arrived and as soon as I stepped out of the car, people's stared at us.

Gosh, I hated it. I hated the attention, I hated how people always judged based on looks. Half the time people were so nice to me because I'm popular, and with that 'power' as some would call it, I can make people hated in minutes.

It's absolutely disgusting.

I'm always based upon looks. People expect me to be mean, not academically smart, and just overall a pretty princess.

But I have a side that nobody see's. And this year I want to show it.

And I'm also gonna make Baekhyun stop hating me for whatever I did.

"Good Morning Y/N!" A group of students passing me said.

"Good Morning." I smiled back warmly.

When they walked away squealing I sighed, and pulled out my time table.

"What's wrong babe?" Namjoon placed his arm around me, giving me a side hug.

"I hate this. I hate being popular, I hate having people freak out when I just talk to them."

Ying frowned. "Being popular is so great. I think you're just being selfish."

"Selfish?!" I raised my voice slightly.

How am I being selfish?

"Yea, you are. People would kill to be at your rank yet you want to throw it all away because you don't like it." Ying crossed her arms.

I gave her an angry look. "That's not selfish. I never asked for it in the first place."

"Whatever. I'm gonna find Yoongi." She strutted away. What's up with her?

"Ah Y/N. You can't help that you are just breath-taking-ly beautiful. This school is weird, with the whole rank thing. It's kinda sad really. But with you being at the top, you should do something good with it. Because I know your not what everybody thinks you are. You being beautiful is just one side of you." Jongin smiled softly.

"Thanks Jongin I really-" but I felt the words get taken from my mouth. Baekhyun and his group were walking down the hallway.

"Eek!" I squealed and hid behind Namjoon.

Baekhyun passed, and Namjoon and Jongin started laughing.

"Whaaaaattt." I frowned.

"What's with you? Are you scared of geek boy or something?"

"Don't call him that." I mumbled.

"Wait.." Namjoon looked at Jongin, then to me, then down to where Baekhyun was, and back to me.

"You like him?"

I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks.
"Nah."

"I never thought this would happen.." Jongin did a breath laugh.

"When did you start to crush on the geek?" Namjoon asked, pulling my arm for me to move and sit on the bench with him.

"Uhm the end of last year..." I said quietly.

"And you never tell us?!" Jongin stuck out his bottom lip.

I started to bite my nails. "I just...I don't know. I told Ying but she constantly tells me not to like him because he's a geek...which just makes me like him more. But he hates me and I don't know why."

The two boys looked at each other.
"I think Ying is more worried about herself then you."

"What do you mean?" I looked up at them both.

"Well..." Namjoon scratched the back of his neck. "Don't you ever notice that she always makes you do things that aren't really you?"

I placed my lip between my teeth. "How so?"

"Well ya know she makes you wear makeup and always have your hair nice..you wear your uniform a certain way, and when we go out in public where kids from school are you always have to wear curtain things. And she always makes you avoid talking to people lower than you...people like Baekhyun." Jongin said.

"It's like she is trying to keep you super popular. The person you don't want to be." Namjoon mumbled while pulling out his timetable.

"Class is gonna start soon! I'll meet you guys at lunch." He said standing up and walking away.

Jongin also said goodbye and walked to his class.

Was Ying really like that?

The more I thought about it, the more the things the boys said were true.

Was she using me to be popular?