Chapter Eight: Rudy

Route Four is infested with trainers, like all the other routes, but Miracle has potions this time!

That makes it all better.

Chase left ahead of us, to go to the ranch, he said he knew a person there.

The worst part is, Miracle let him leave.

"Wooo!" Tiko swoops down on the last trainer on the Route, "Only one more Trainer! I'm ready!"

Ready to get laughed at again?
That fedora just isn't working for him.

The trainer throws out their Pokémon, a Cutiefly.

Tula pushes Tiko out of the way, "Let me fight it! I want to evolve, I'm so close I can feel it!"

Tiko steps back, "Fine. But if you don't evolve I'll never forgive you."

No need to be so dramatic.

Tula is a fortune teller, "YES! I'VE WAITED SO LONG!"

She jumps up and down lets loose a large electric jolt.

"Tula, I get that you're excited," Miracle says, "But can you not try to kill me?!"

Tula grabs her tail and looks down at the ground.

Then, she does the worst possible thing...puppy dog eyes

Get rid of her.
She's weak.

Miracle sighs, "It's fine, just please don't do it again."

Miracle pulls a sleeping Rotom out of her bag, "Rotom, wake up."

Rotom slowly opens his eyes, "What happened, he says groggily, "Did you get lost?"

I like how he just assumes that Miracle got lost.
It gave me a little giggle.

"No. Tula evolved. I want to register her data in the Pokédex."

That woke up Rotom, "Really! I'm on it! Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon. It's in its nature to store electricity. It feels stressed now and then if it's unable to fully discharge the electricity." Rotom giggles, "Look at her little tail, its shaped like a heart. So cute!"

Miracle bends down and plays with Tula's ears, "Did she learn any new moves?"

"No."

She's useless!
Throw her out!
I'm just playing.

Miracle sighs, "It's fine. We'll work with what we've got."

We make it to Paniola Town and Miracle decides to take a break at the Pokémon center, giving us some time to talk.

Tiko nudges Tula with his wing, "So, how does it feel?"

Tula smiles, "Great! It feels great! I'm so happy, I can be like you two."

Tiko scoffs, "No one can be as amazing as me."

I sigh, "Tiko, you're not all that amazing. You wear a fedora."

"At least I'm not...uhh." He stutters, trying to think of something to say, "I've got nothing."

"Well I thought of something!!" Tula shouts, nearly giving Tiko and I heart attacks.

"What?" Tiko and I say in unison.

"I can fight Pikachu again! I can have my rematch!"

That will end in a draw.

Or, be two Pikachu having a Thundershock battle.

Tiko spreads his wings, "And Torracat and I can battle! Now that he's evolved, it'll even harder to beat him!"

"That's a good thing why?" I ask, not really caring what he says.
It'll probably be some weird answer anyways.

"Cause it'll be harder to beat him."

Tula snorts, "Gotta show how masculine you are!"

I laugh, "Tula! You get a gold sticker. Good job, keep saying things like that."

Tiko rolls his eyes and turns his head away from me, "You know what, Isa? I don't think we can be friends anymore."

I shrug and watch as Miracle walks outside, "That's fine. I still have Miracle and Tula and Torracat and Rowlet and-"

Tiko covers my mouth with a talon, "Okay! I get it! Jeez!"

He grabs Tula and flies outside, being sure to close, no, slam door behind him.

Whelp, my feelings are deeply and truly hurt.

I decide to get my butt outside and wouldn't you know, Hau and Miracle just finished up with a battle.

It comes as no surprise to me that Miracle won.
And that Hau is just so happy about it.

"So," Hau asks once he's done jumping around, "Are you heading to Paniola Ranch?"

Miracle nods, "Yeah."

Hau smiles and grabs her wrist, "We can go together!" Miracle chuckles nervously, "Uhh but I-"

Hau drags her away.
He's eleven.