Chapter Twenty-Two: It's Your Boi!

Do you hear that?
It's my annoyance.

Team Skull is seeing how well they can annoy people, I mean, if blocking up the bridge didn't work, them being here did.

At least they're not bothering us,
Kukui beat us to it.

Seems he's been going and telling everyone about the League he's going to establish, the grunts aren't very happy about that.

Kukui's response is to invite them to a battle royal, that's...effective.

"Yo, are you for real?"

"Yeah," he says with a smile, "You gotta beat the man to be the man!"

"Battle Royal, huh?" A man on the bridge says.

Ohhh, this guy's super important.

"I like that idea, Kukui. You can beat down three Pokémon at once."

The two grunts clear the way.

"BOSS GUZMA HAS GRACED US WITH HIS PRESENCE!"

Must you yell?

I flop down on the ground and groan, why does this always happen to us?

Guzma, however, shows no interest in us.

"The hated boss who beats you down and beats you down and never lets up! It's ya boi Guzma!"

He laughs, "GREETINGS COWERING PUBLIC! We've got an exciting bout tonight! In the opposing corner, the Pokémon Professor Kukui! In this corner the hardest guy around (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and the boss of Team Skull, Guzma!"

Miracle rubs her head, "So loud, my head hurts. Does he have to yell at us?"

I guess he does, that's the only way to get your point across, right?

"Here we are again, Kukui," Guzma says, "Fellow rejects that could never become captains. Alola's full of these grubby old traditions, the kahunas, the trials. But, we've got no use for a league. After all, everybody knows who the strongest trainer on these islands is!"

Kukui looks him straight in the eye, "Speak for yourself, Guzma. It's not that I couldn't become a captain, I just had other dreams you see?"

He turns away, "I wanted to see which moves would be strong enough to beat old Hala. I've finally figured it out. It's the moves that a Trainer and their Pokémon choose together when it really counts."

He turns, back a determined look in his eyes, "That's why I'm creating the league, so every Trainer and their Pokémon can discover the perfect move! So, let's see it, Guzma! Show me your moves and prove that you aren't just talk! If you can that is."

He turns to Miracle, "Right, Miracle?"

Say no, say no...

"Yup, gotta be able to back up what you put down, you feel me?"

Ugh! Get me a new trainer.
Also, never, ever talk like that ever again.  

Guzma doesn't seem fazed, "You're one of the kids on her island trial?"

Kukui nods, "This is Miracle. She just moved here. I can tell you that she's not a Trainer to be taken lightly. If you think you're the strongest Trainer on these islands, why don't you battle her?"

A light flashes behind Guzma and a large bug like Pokemon stands next to him.

Miracle chuckles, "Yeah, uhh, maybe not. I might be strong, but I can't beat that bug thing..."

Guzma laughs, like really laughs,

"Strong Trainer! Strong trainers don't back down when given a challenge. Unless Kukui was lying."