Chapter Forty-Three: Sinners

This morning, I was awoken to the sound of light rain hitting the forest leaves.

Now, In Lush Jungle, rain usually means one thing.

Tidal Wave going on patrol with Wild Spark, Hawk Flame, and everybody's favorite shiny Leafeon, Fawn Petal.

I don't know why he has Wild Spark with him, she's so fat.
No!
Not food fat.
She's pregnant.
I'm pretty sure with Fawn Petal's kits, as well.

Now, since when is beyond me.
Isabelle thought I was crazy, she said Wild Spark looks fine to her.
Maybe I see because I've known her my whole life.
Granted, Wild Spark is a lithe and quite skinny Jolteon so, maybe Isa's the crazy one.
Pua said she just looks like a normal Jolteon.

Fine.
I don't know anything.

Tidal Wave never goes out on patrol unless he wants to find something himself.

But, the thistles and brambles make a great barrier.

Too bad Pua can't shut up for more than two minutes.

It's like nobody taught him what stealth was.

I'm pretty sure Father knows exactly where we are, he's just waiting for the right time to pounce.

That time will be when Isabelle finally goes to sleep.

Apparently, Jerry the flipping Joltik makes people go to sleep?

I don't know, that's what Kapua said.

Why am I listening to this child?

Isabelle is a Primarina, how does a Joltik take down a Primarina like her?
If Tidal Wave is afraid of her she has to be strong...right?

"Mom!" Pua's voice rips through my thoughts.

"What? What is it?"

He takes his hat off and swirls it around, "Can you...can you tell me about my mom?"

My heart stops.

"I-I uhh.."

He smiles, "You can just tell me how happy she made you."

Isabelle groans, "Please, no. I don't want to listen to that. She'll get all emotional."

Pua turns back to her, "You just don't want to cry." He turns back to me, "Please?" He pleads.

I sigh but feel a smile creep up on my face, "Well, she had beautiful lavender eyes just like yours."

He giggles, "What else?"

I place my white paw to my head, "A large white stripe running down from the top of her head and ending at the tip of her nose."

"Was she pretty?"

Isabelle groans again, "Why? Why would you ask that?"

But, I have to think about it.

"I don't know..." I mutter.

I definitely know.
I just don't know how to put it into words.
Describing love is a lot harder than experiencing it.

Pua's eyes grow wide, "But, I thought you loved her."

"I do love her, I just...I didn't like her for her looks. I love her smile, and her laugh, the way she could make the best out of any situation."

I glance over at Pua who seems to want me to keep going.
Isabelle is over there groaning, "The cheesiness...I can't!"

"She's fearless and daring but she cares about everyone. When she smiles..." I look down at my paws, "I fear I'll fall, it's like her smiles were always meant for me. She always said that my smiles were cuter than hers." I chuckle, "But I always said she was wrong. She would laugh at me and say her eyes never shined like mine did."