Chapter Twenty-One: BUGS!!

"Hey! You guys! What just happened?"

Dartrix, who was nowhere to be found when Kukui arrived, is now perched up on his shoulder rubbing his eyes.

He glides down and yawns, "I was taking a nap when I heard some screaming. Is everyone okay?"

Torracat runs over to us, "Sure. We're fine."

Dartrix smiles, "That's good."

"I was joking you bird brain." He says with a growl.

So angry.
You can't joke with Dartrix like that.

Dartrix glares at him, "Hey, no need to call me names."

I step in between them, "Torracat, I know you're upset-"

"Upset? That stupid Mudsdale made me more than upset. 'I pushed him because he bumped into me.'" He says mockingly, "Yeah right. Stupid horse!"

I laugh, "So salty."

He glares at me, "And that's coming from you?"

Oh, so that's how it's gonna be?
This means- Ehh I don't really care.
I'd be in denial if I said I wasn't salty.
Sometimes, you just have to accept it.

Dartrix looks at him confused, "What Mudsdale? What're you talking about?"

"Some Mudsdale that was just walking around the route for no reason." I say, "As we were getting ready to leave, Hau bumped into him, And then he pushed him. But, Leafeon took care of him; it's all good now."

Dartrix places a talon on his chin, "If it was Strongheart then, yeah."

"It was him. He picked on Rudy, too."

"Strongheart's just a big bully. If you don't get in his way he'll leave you alone."

Torracat claws at the ground, "Sure." He mumbles.

Dartrix looks past Torracat, "I thought Leafeon was shy. Why is she all over Nightshade like that?"

I smile, "Isn't it just adorable? I'm a great matchmaker."

I place my flipper on my chest, feeling proud, too bad my friends don't think the same.

They're laughing so hard that I fear they might start choking or something.

"If you're so great why can't you and Dartrix get together?" A voice asks.

I spin around.
It seems that Tula was listening in on our conversation.

Tula, don't you have Larry or Tiko or whoever to bother?

I roll my eyes, "Because I-"

You gotta let him down easy, Isa.
Slow down.

"I'm not...I'm gay."

Goddamnit, Isabelle.
I said let him down easy.
I hate my brain sometimes.

Torracat snorts, "No, you're not." he looks over at Tula, "She's not interested in him, that's why."

I sneak a glace at Dartrix, his eyes are holding the slightest glint of sorrow.

Lucky for me, I don't have to feel guilty long. The bus has come and it won't wait long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hokulani Observatory.

But first, look at the mountain.

Kukui says that Mount Hokulani is the second highest mountain in Alola, Mount Lanakila is the highest.

"That's where I'm gonna build Alola's first Pokémon League!" He announces.

It's as if saying those words alone fills him with pride.