Chapter 22

Lacus POV

All the natural forces out there must certainly be against me, what are the odds that I happen to run into the one person I'm trying so hard to avoid. It wasn't fair at all

"Um...Lacus-san." Someone calls to me, it's Mina's husband. "It...er..certainly is a pleasure seeing you again, it's been so long."

"Mmm..." I muttered under my breath.

"It really has been a long time Lacus, you never once came visiting."

I look at Mina through the mirror in the car, she's still as beautiful as ever, it's obvious that she was Yuu's mother they looked so much alike. I stare at her, her lips were moving but I couldn't hear a thing, I just kept on staring. It really had been so long. She looks into the mirror and catches my eyes, she quickly looks away and I notice her face turning red.

"S-so how's Wonderland?"

"The usual." I say in a somewhat dry voice.

"You're here to see Yuu right?"

"Mm..I wouldn't be here for any other reason." There was silence all around us, the situation must be awkward for them, it was for me as well but it couldn't be helped. Mina could have lefte back there but she insisted on driving me to see Yuu. I feel a touch on my ears and turn to the person beside me, a small blonde girl touching my ears.

"KYAAAA he has cat ears."

"So this is your other child."

"Yes, that's Yumi." Mina looked behind and smiled. "Yumi, this is Lacus, he's another person from Wonderland, you've always asked about the Cheshire cat right?"

"Ahhh Cat! I really love cats." The girl, Yumi, hugged me. "I love big brother Lacus already."

"A blonde?" I noticed the color of her hair, she was a blonde. I look back at her parents who had raven colored hair. Where did they get a blonde from? Was she adopted......my mind slips to Mika and I shake the thought off. It's impossible, there's no way, Mina wasn't like that, Yumi was younger so it meant having an affair with Mika, she wasn't like that, but then it was Mika, the horny good for nothing could have seduced her.

"Big brother Lacus, will you have tea with me when we get back?"

"I don't like tea."

"You don't? I thought every Wonderland dweller loved tea." Yumi smiled at me. "It's a shame though because Mika makes the best tea."

"Mi...ka..." I flinch a bit, hearing that name from her mouth. It's no surprise that she knows Mika.

"You know him right? He's the mad hatter."

"I know him alright." I look back at the mirror, Mina was staring at me again but she quickly looked away. I smirked. "He and I were best friends."

"Best friends?" She smiled. "Really so you're him? You're the best friend Mika always talks about?"

"Talks about?"

"Mmm...he tells me that he once had a best friend he loves and cares for so deeply, but you they were torn apart and it gets him upset everytime he thinks about it, you're always on his mind, and since that time he's never been able to be so close to anyone else."

I'm surprised by Yumi's words, Mikaela said all that about me?

"Y-Yumi?" Mina looked at us again, she had the look of worry written all over her face. "Mika told you all that?" Yumi nodded. "D-did he say anything else?"

"Yes." Yumi pouts. "They became enemies after foolishly falling for the same girl, some dumb damsel who in the end left them both."

"DUMB DAMSEL?" Mina yells, she tries to get her composure back. A smile creeps on my face. "I-I see."