Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I stalked up to the last floor, mail in hand and heart heavy. I clutched the paper so tight that I could already feel it threatening to rip.

Taking a deep breath, I told myself relax. Relax because even if it was the guy that haunted my every dream or nightmare, I had to be strong and not embarrass myself like a kid. I was a grown man now and needed to make a good impression, if not for me, for my mother because she didn't raise a coward.

The last floor consisted of only two room. Two extremely large rooms that left my mouth gaping like a fish. The walls were all glass windows and you could see New York in its finest light.

It was beautiful.

And even more was the tall man facing towards the window and back facing me. I knew that back. And ass.

My whole body tenses and heart picked up, enough to almost make me shift into a flown blown panic attack. Thoughts of our night together flashed through my mind and as if he knew I was behind him, he spun around and immediately my eyes blurred.

There he was.

There was the man who stole my heart the minute I laid eyes on him. His body was gorgeously adorn with a fit all black suit and his face was clean shaven, emphasizing those big pale blue eyes that always seemed to make my body hum in apprehension. I wanted to say something. Anything. But the words wouldn't come out, it wouldn't make itself pass my throat.

"Well hello there." His deep voice rumbled and I suppressed the urge to shudder. It moved its way through my body like hot silk and before I knew it I found myself moving simultaneously
towards him.

Pausing a few inches away from I held the mail out then shifted the bag on my shoulder. "Hi, erm . I have your mail."

He took the mail without breaking our stare. "You work here?"

I wanted to turn my gaze away from him but it was like it was stuck, unable to keep away from the hypnotic eyes that weirdly turned gray. "Yeah, I'm new here. Just got the job".

I watched as his face broke into a grin and as much as I wanted to bite, scratch or hit him for literally making my life a living hell this past week, I couldn't deny the way my heart swelled when he smiled. "That's great!" I shifted my foot and nodded, biting my bottom lip.

"Yeah..."I trailed off.

"Would like some coffee, water, tea..?"

"No no, I've got more mail to deliver". I said evenly and he smiled softly.

"You don't have to rush, your doing a great job. Why don't you sit down." He gestured to the comfortable leather couch and I only took a quick glance at it then shook my head.

"I can't, my boss.." Suddenly I stopped when his eyes glittered with amusement.

"I am your boss". He said smoothly and looked as he was holding back his laughter.

But my body immediately tensed and eyes widened.

"But but but.." No other words would conjure in my head except 'he couldn't' - he couldn't be my boss, the owner of this building.

"You can't ". I heard myself whisper and he only raised a smooth eyebrow in response.

"Can't I- ?"

"-Because you know what I think...". Suddenly he moved gravely behind me, his breath caressing my neck as his front pasted itself onto my back. I shuddered in apprehension."I think you like the idea, don't you?"

"You want me to bend you over this desk and do filthy things to you. Am I correct?" By this point, my breaths were coming out in pants and my body felt as if it was going in over drive. This man literally was controlling my body.