Chapter 8

I slowly turn around to face Caleb, cocking my eyebrow at him.

"What did you just call me?" I ask in disbelief and he walks away without uttering a single word, Syllas trying to catch up with his long strides.

"He just called you, princess. Does that mean he's..." Lucas whispers into my ear. Not sure how to complete the sentence.

"No, Lucas. He isn't. My heat would have intensified so much, but it didn't although he was just right across me. Besides, his mark did not shine at all. So he isn't my mate." I explain the situation to Lucas.

Most werewolves found their mates by delicate smells that longer in the air, but the Moon Goddess had gifted Nirvana Island, centuries ago, another way to find your mate.

Each and every werewolf was gifted with his own mark that is identical to their mates. Those marks either signified their hidden ability or is just a normal mark. Your mark often glows dimly in a specific colour in the beginning to tell you that your mate has been found but is not near you.

The colour sapphire blue is for a Beta, Gold for an Alpha, emerald green for an omega and ruby red to show that your mate is a vampire.

The closer your mate gets to you, the darker the colour will become on your mark, until the colour has fully filled your mark. This makes the heat in you (only females experience this mate heat) intensify in every minute.

Unfortunately, I have found my mate, but I have no idea where he is.

"Thank God he isn't your mate," Lucas mumbled and I whacked his head.

"Why? What's the problem with him," I ask as we walk back to my parents who were seated having a friendly chat with Arielle.

"You would have been stuck with Grumpy Mr Grumpster," he joked and I nudged him in his stomach, making him rub it with a sore expression in his face.

"But I still don't get it," Lucas muttered as we got closer to our parents. I urged him to whisper 'cause my dad might hear us.

"What don't you understand, Lukey Wookey?" I tease Lucas by calling him by the nickname I gave him as a child.

Lucas rolls his eyes and shrugs," Why did he call you princess. Only the rightful daughter of the Alpha and Luna can be called that."

My eyebrows scurry together, making me go deep in thought after what Lucas said.

"To be honest," I turn to Lucas,"I really don't know."

●□●□●□●

"Why are we here again?" Lucas asked for the hundredth time as all the pack members assembled for a short announcement.

"For the hundredth time, Lukey Wookey, I don't know," I half whispered into his ear as the Alpha walked into the stage along with the Luna by his side. Both radiating power from themselves.

The members quietened down as the Alpha was about to speak.

"Moon Blood Pack," the Alpha started. "As we all know, we were assembled here once again after the recent rogue attacks that had threatened our the members of this pack and has also killed off many of our guards," he continues, making the members whisper to each other.

"We are in danger as is, and the only way we can save ourselves is to increase the number of guards outside the boarders of our territory. But we will need an increase in the number of guards, so the Moon Blood Pack has negotiated with Red Blood Pack, our allies. Where our pack warrior will head to their pack to let their training reach high levels," the Alpha said the last part proudly.

I look at Lucas to see that he is paying close attentive to the Alpha's words. I look around to see people with pale faces.

Out pack has become allies with Red Blood Pack. The strongest and most deadliest pack in Nirvana Island. A pack ruled by the brutal Alpha that ruled and killed without mercy. An Alpha that had the power to draw blood from stone.

Just thinking of that makes shivers crawl through my body.

"You may be dismissed," The Alpha announced and everyone spread, returning to their own business.

"What did Alpha say? I zoned out a little," I asked Lucas as we head outside to visit the children.

"Just stuff," Lucas shrugs and walks ahead of me.

"What stuff? C'mon. Spill it," I hop on his back and tighten my hands around his neck. It almost looked like he was giving me a piggyback ride. But I was mostly squeezing the air out of him.

"C... can't breathe," he chokes.

"Then spill," I commanded.

"Fine," he chokes out and I climb off his back.

"So?"

"The Alpha of the Red Blood Pack will be attending a dinner organised by our pack. The Alpha expects us to remain in our best behaviour," he shrugs and continues walking forward.

"What?" I say in disbelief, running a hand through my hair.

Red Blood Pack was also known for exterminating all mates with the forbidden colour.

And now... I'm one of them...

Could this be the end?

Could my death be approaching so soon.