Chapter 9

"Why didn't you tell me all this?" Lucas yelled as he ran a frustrated hand through his long hair and looked at me once more.

"Lucas," I say softly, "It slipped my mind. How in the world would I have known that the Red Blood Pack will be meeting our pack," I half yelled and  sat on the couch, whereas Lucas stood in front of me.

"This is your life we're talking about here. We need to get you out of here before they manage to find you," He sat down next to me and places his hand on mine that was lying on my lap.

We were now in the orphanage. The children were playing outside, Arielle keeping a close eye on them. My parents were running errands so they weren't with us at the moment.

"I can't leave, Lucas," I argue. Running away from my problem is not an option. I need to face it head on. I know this might be at the cost of my life, but I have to do it.

"You're so adamant, Al. How can I make this any more clear for you? You can't stay here. The Alpha might probably hire trackers that will easily sniff out your secret. They might kill you," he held my shoulders and turned me towards him.

"Please, Al. Just do as I say. We will have to leave this place by tomorrow," he said and my eyes widened at his suggestion.

"I can't live, Lucas. I don't want to look like a wimp who couldn't face all the challenges thrown at her. I need to stay here and fight--"

"So you end up dead either way?" I look at Lucas and press my thumb and finger against my forehead.

What will I do with him? Just thinking of it, he is right anyway, if I remain I die. If I run away, I might die as well. What to decide? Dear Moon Goddess I hope you guide me with the response I'm about to give.

"I'm not going anywhere, Lucas," I say in a firm voice.

"I'm here to stay. Whether you like it or not."

                            ●□●□●□●

It's already the next day, as all the pack members are dressed smartly, waiting to receive the Red Blood Pack as guest.

I'm dressed in a plain navy blue floral dress with a sweetheart neckline that barely shows cleavage, matching with plain flat shoes. My hair is laid down and is a bit curly at the ends. Just the way I love it.

I run out of my room and towards Lucas' which was just two doors down the hall.

I barge in to find him in navy blue shirt and faded blue jeans, his glasses are back on.

"Hey, Al. Are you ready for the big day," he come towards me and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Yep. I'm just a bit frightened. What if they find me," I look at Lucas and h3 gently rubs my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Al. They won't lay a single finger on you as long as I'm here. I'll make it my mission to protect you," he reassures me and I pull him in for a hug.

"I love you, Lucas. You're the bestest friend and the only person I consider as my brother. I'm so lucky to have you in my life," I pull away and give him a wide smile.

"Yeah... brother," Lucas mumbled and smiled awkwardly, looking into the distance, a bit dazed for a few minutes before he regained him composure.

My stomach rumbles and I hold it to stop it from rumbling further.

"That was the loudest sound I've ever heard," Lucas says and chuckles at my pouty face I just put on.

"I haven't eaten in a while. How about we grab a quick snack before the guest arrive?" I suggest a d Lucas nods, putting his arm around me and leading us outside the door of his room.

We make it out of Lucas room to find a freshly sealed brown envelope lying on the ground.

"What's that?" Lucas asked.

"I'm clueless. Let me see," I bend down to pick it up.

"Be careful. Those might have spells cast on them."

I open it and read making my face go pale.

I let out a scream and throw the paper into floor. I cower back in fear and my arms fly to my face in defense.

"St... stay away," I say in rugged breath.

"What? What is it?" Lucas asks worriedly and grabbed the paper reading it.

"I'm coming for you, Alyssa," Lucas read the note that was written in fresh red blood.

I shiver in my place as I wonder who is after me.

And who could possibly want to end me.

_________________________

Thanks for the support guys!
Really appreciated!<3 <3

Chapter question(s)

1. How would it feel to be friendzoned or even brother-zoned like Lucas was?

2. Where do you think the note came from and who could have possibly sent it? (Take a wild guess)

Thank you!<3

Emma