Chapter 45

"Finally you have made it. Welcome Alyssa," a voice from the inside of the cave said, causing shivers to run uncomfortably through my body.

The cave was dimly lit, only a small source of light coming from a tiny little hole. I could barely see anything.

"Where is Zander," Lucas' voice boomed from beside me. Our hands were still intertwined. And continuously, he squeezed mine gently to calm down my skyrocketing nerves. Before they got the better of me.

"Wouldn't you like to sit down first? How about a delicious cup of ginger tea?" There was venom and slyness present in the voice. Not that I could help it, but I couldn't help but recognise the voice from somewhere.

"Stop the small talk will you. Hand over Zander and we will leave peacefully," Lucas snapped, clearly getting furious.

"Ah, ah, ah... no Lucas. You can't talk to me like that. That is just rude," this voice sounded awfully familiar. Trying to remeber where I heard it, flashbacks came tumbling unto me.

Well shit!

"Xavier," I said all of a sudden, my voice barely a whisper. He really is alive.

"Yes, mon cheri, Alyssa. You have guessed correctly. It is I, the one and only Xavier Black. You dear mate's beloved stepbrother," he announced. Making me flinch in discomfort.

"Xavier, where is Zander," I asked once more. I was losing my patience. I just wanted to shred him to peaces.

"Oh, my bad Alyssa. I had totally forgot that you wanted to see you dearest mate. Tsk, tsk, tsk, that was so rude of me. Just take a few steps forward, and I will show him to you," I could imagine the sly smile on his lips.

"Don't do it, Al. This is a trap," Lucas said beside me, holding my firmly in his.

"Lucas, I have to do this, it's rhe only way. I have to make sure that Zander is alright," I argued.

"But, Al--"

"No, Lucas," I told him firmly. "Let me do this. On my own," I said to him, gently squeezing his hand. Gently, I took my hand from him, which was intertwined in his.

"Which side is he at?" I asked, taking a step forward?

"Right next to me, mon cheri. Just follow my voice and you'll find your mate," He said. Hesitantly, I began to follow his voice until, I could hear him close to me.

In a flash, my arms were grabbed, silver metals enclosed around my wrists. In an instant, bright light flashes through the cave, blinding me a little.

Rapidly blinking my eyes, I opened them only to see a horrifying scene unfolding before me.

Rogues surrounded every corner of the cave. Each of them ready to attack. Lucas was also captured. Silver cuffs attached to his wrists.

Fuck. What have I done?

●□●□●□●□●

"Mon cheri, Alyssa. You're so naive. You trusted me so easily, just to save a pathetic and worthless man like Zander," Xavier said to my face, spitting on me. Ugh!

"What the fuck do you want from, us! Can't you just leave us alone!" I yelled to him. Anger boiling in me like an eruptive volcano.

My arms were strapped to silver hands cuffed, that were embedded on the stone wall. The cuffs were tightly wrapped around my wrist, I could feel the cuts that were forming.

Lucas was beside me as well in the same state. Knowing that he was the beta, his cuffs were securely tightened. Way worse than mine. The rogues had beaten him up badly infront of me.

There were bruises on his face and his lower lip was slightly cut. Blood oozing out of the wound countinuously. His cheek was swollen from the beating and there was a deep purple mark on his arm.

I shouldn't have brought Lucas into all this. I wish I hadn't told him about all this. He had to face such severe consequences for supporting a friend. He deserves better.

"How can I let you go, mon cheri?" His words disturbed my thoughts. Looking straight in his eyes, I spat at him.

He backed away, wiping off the saliva on bus face. He came forward, pulling at my hair roughly. Letting out a painful cry, he whispered in my ear, "Don't you dare act smart, Alyssa. Or I will hesitate to kill you and everyone you love," he released my hair, taking a step back.

"You know what I want from you. There is no questions asked. I marked you with the untention to get my wish. My one and only desire," he yelled at me, making me flinch in my spot.

"You're crazy lunatic, Xavier," Lucas yelled, rage boiling in him. He struggled with his handcuffs, only making the deep wounds on his wrists worsen.

The rogues approached him, wrapping a gag aroung his mouth. He tried to speak, but his mouth only produced ruffled noises.

"Now, that's much better. Yeah, were was I. Oh, now I remember. Alyssa, you seem quite confused. I will tell you a little story. Make sure to pay attention," he snarled.

______________________________________

Hey, guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. More updates are on the way.

Thanks for reading.❤❤❤