Chapter 28

The past few days have passed by quicker than I have expected. With time, my wounds began to heal and my powers made my recovery faster and much bearable. Now I could walk around, and do whatever I want without anyone's assistant.

I have just come out of a long hot shower. I do my business and search my wardrobe for a cosy outfit to wear. Judging on the hot weather outside, I grab a pair of denim shorts, sandals and a plain, white tank top. I run my hands through my head to look presentable and apply a bit of lip gloss.

Simple and perfect.

Opening the door to step out of my room, I see Ruth standing there her back facing me.

"Ruth?" I call out to her and she turns around, meeting my eyes with a smile on her face.

"May I please talk to you for a second?"

I nod at her and open my door wider for her to walk in. She walks in and takes a sit on my bed, while I close the door and join her.

Ruth looked at her lap as she fiddled with her fingers, nibbling her lower lip. Her eyes looked tense, like she was trying to tell me something. But what?

"You look troubled, Ruth. Tell me what the matter is." I put my hand on her shoulder, urging her to continue.

"I don't how to start, Alyssa. But I'm really sorry," she said as gave me a hug.

I hug her back, uncertain of why she is saying sorry. She pulls away, tears glistening in her eyes, while some have already tumbled down her face.

"I'm so selfish, Alyssa. I'm so selfish," she muttered to herself.

"You're not selfish, Ruth. You were never selfish," I wipe her tears away. Rubbing circles on her back to calm her down.

"I am, Alyssa. I abandoned you when you needed me most. I left you behind without thinking. I should have gone to fetch you. But I was scared. I... I... couldn't. You probably hate me right now. Don't you," she hid her face in her hands as silent sobs filled the air.

Realization dawned upon me. She was talking about the incident at the mall. She was blaming herself for leaving me behind. She thinks she's responsible for the condition I was in.

"Look, Ruth," I took her face in my hands, so she was staring at me. "I don't hate you. You're not responsible for anything that happened. It was all an incident. It's all in the past. Just forget about it, and give me the smile I've been waiting for all this time."

A smile appeared on her face, as I wipe away her tears.

"That's my favourite hoe, right there." She chuckles at my choice of words.

"You're too pure, Alyssa. Zander is so lucky to have you as his mate. And I'm  the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my best friend, my favourite boo and my sister," she pulls me in for a hug and I hug her back.

We pull away and her eyes widen all of a sudden.

"Oh my gosh. I totally forgot. Zander is gonna kill me for this. I haven't found my mate yet. I haven't bought new clothes, shoes, makeup, oh my. How did I..." I hold her shoulder and tell her to calm down.

"What did you forget?"

"Zander asked me to tell you to meet him in his office. But I completely forgot about it, when I arrived here."

"Sure. Let's go," I pull Ruth along with me as we leave my room.

One thought occupies my mind. Why would Zander want to see me so urgently.

□●□●□●□

We make it to Zander's office. Ruth enters first, but my feet are rooted to the floor. Images of the incident that happened in the office play like a broken record.

This office has brought many emotions tumbling onto me once again.

Noticing my uncertainty, Ruth rushes to my side and puts her hands on my shoulders, indicaring that everything is gonna be alright.

I take a deep breath, and walk in.

Zander's eyes soften when they meet mine. A smile appears on his face as he tells the both of us to get in. Ruth closes the door.

Mabel was sitted on the office chair across Zander. Her eyes were closed, yet it looked like she was deeply focused on something.

Seconds pass by, when her eyes snap open.

"I saw something. I saw something," she proclaimed as her eyes turned towards Zander then to me. Fixated on me.

"We need to leave, the Moon Blood Pack as soon as possible," she says, her eyes never leaving me.

"What did you see, grandma?" Ruth spoke up, worry laced in ber voice. Zander leaned in closer as he placed his face on in his joined hands, listening attentively.

"We need to leave for the pack as soon as possible, grandson. Alyssa is in grave danger. She will be harmed if she stays here any longer,"

"But... I... can't just leave. My... family, my people," I whispered the last part. I can't leave behind my family, my friends, my people and the children.

"You have to leave, Alyssa. You can't stay here any longer. They have already found you. And when they get their hands on you," she shook her head in disapproval. "They will come after you. They will use you and your elemental powers for evil."

"But why? I don't get it," I held my head in my hands. A hand was placed on my waist. Their familiar feeling of comfort took over, and I saw Zander looking at me with concern in his eyes.

"You're the only death and soul elemental, Alyssa. They are gonna use you for their own personal gain. Please just listen to me. Let's go to my pack. I'll be relaxed knowing that you're next to me. Knowing that I can take care of you and watch over you. Please agree to this, Alyssa."

He held my hands in his. Sparks ignite in me, as my speed heart began to slow down to its normal pace. He kissed the top of my hand. Looking into my eyes, as he waited for an answer.

"Fine. I'll go with you. I'll return to The Red Blood Pack with you," I decided.

His features relaxed as he kissed my forehead.

"You won't regret this. I promise," he said and pulled me closer to his side.

I really hope I don't regret my decision.

_____________________________________

Thank you for reading, everyone!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.