Chapter 32 [1]

An early update for all my wonderful readers who have made me reach 800 reads on Angels and Demons! Thanks for the support so far.
Let's make it all the way to 1K!

______________________________________

I turn around to face the next human Barbie doll of the century. Standing in front of me, was a lady who seemed to look in her early twenties.

She had really long legs, perfectly tanned skin, a body only a supermodel could possess and the longest slick dark hair I've ever seen.

Her dark chocklate eyes bored into mine as her eyes flared in anger. This is definitely not the way I wanted to make new friends.

"Are you deaf or something? I asked you a question? Who are you? And get out of my chair. Only I can sit here. You get that," she grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the chair.

Oh no, she didn't. I'm usually a friendly person and I love making friends. But get on my bad side, and you gonna get it.

"What's your name?" I asked casually. A fake smile plastered on my face. Her eyes lit up in confusion as a sly smirk graced up shiny lipglossed lips.

"Cass. Cass Valiente. Zander's one and only childhood friend. Why are you asking?" She flipped her hair to the side, glaring at me. Challenging me to speak.

And you probably know what I will do. Right!

"Well then, Cass," I emphasised on her name. "Are you sure this chair is yours, 'cause I don't see your name written anywhere on it."

Her nose flared from anger as she sent death glares my way. "Who do you think you are?"

"Alyssa. Alyssa Sky. Zander's mate and the Luna of Red Blood Pack," a voice boomed from behind us.

Chairs scraped the floor, as everyone stood from their chairs. Everyone bowed down, as Zander's presence felt known in the dining room.

Zander stood by me, placing a hand on my waist. He pulled me close to his side. I could sense he was shaking from anger, as he eyed Cass with dark eyes. Ready to murder.

I put my hand on his chest, rubbing it slightly so that he could calm down. His breathing eventually slowed down, as he looked down at me, his eyes softening.

"I'm so sorry for this, love," he whispers to me, planting a kiss on my forehead. I squeeze his hand slightly, telling him that it's alright.

He looked away from me, facing Cass once more.

"Who gave you the right to speak to my mate in that way," he spoke, authority laced in his voice. From he way his eyes were turning yellow, it seemed like his wolf wanted to surface and kill off any opponents in his way.

"I'm sorry, Zander. Believe me, I didn't know... I didn't know that she was your mate," Cass' voice was laced with fright.

"Well, know you know who she is to me. And who she is to all of you," she turned to everyone, his hand on my waist in a death grip. I guess this was the only way to stop his wolf from surfacing and to calm him down.

"Anyone who dares to speak rudely to Alyssa, will be severely punished. She is your Luna, and deserves to be treated with the same respect you have showed me. Do I make myself clear?"

Muffled voices filled the room as everyone nodded their heads in agreement. Cass glared at me when Zander wasn't looking, but nodded her head either way.

"Good. And I expect everyone to assemble this afternoon for the Initiation Ceremony. It's about time we welcome our Luna to the pack," he nuzzles my hair, before looking at everyone once more.

"Let breakfast commence."

Everyone took their seat, amd this time Cass found another seat. Not close to me. Or I would have ripped her face off her head. If that even makes sense.

I say where I was before and Zander took a seat right next to me. At the head of the table. That's probably why Cass wanted to sit there. So she could be close to Zander.

Anger seeped in, as I took a fork, holding it in a death grip. Zander notices, and holds my hand.

"Is everything alright, love?" Concern laced his voice. A small smile appeared on my face and I gently squeeze his hand.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just really nervous about the Initiation Ceremony this afternoon. Will they really accept me as their Luna?"

"Don't worry, princess. You'll be great. They will definitely accept you. You are kind, generous and loving. You will be a great mate and Luna. For me and everyone else," he reassured me.

A nervous smile appears on my face, as I dig in and try to lose myself in the delicious food that I had been served to me.

I look at all the pack members sitted with me at the dining table. Everyone chatting away with each other. Perhaps leading this pack won't be as bad as I thought it would be.

My gaze falls on Cass, who was glaring at me in anger. Sending death glares my way.

I really hope Zander is right. 'Cause from the looks of it, Cass doesn't look like she will accept me any time soon.

______________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed reading. I introduced a new antagonist to the story, Cass.
I hope you all like her (• >•)
(I know you don't like her. She is the antagonist after all.)

Thanks for reading!