Chapter 23

"Thanks so much for helping me, Ruth," I say as she gently put me on the bed. She took a sit next to me, her ginger hair swaying side to side in the process.

"Girl, there's no need to thank me. We're really good pals and pals help each other every step of the way," she wraps her arms around my shoulder and pulls me in her a hug. I hug be back and pull apart.

"So what do you want to do next?" Confusion crosses my face as I tried to answer the question.

"Maybe I should get rest," I lift my legs and put them into the bed. It's been a really long day. With Zander mad at me and all, I need rest to get rid of all this stress.

Just as I'm about to pull the blankets onto my body, they are pulled out of my hands by Ruth.

"You ain't sleeping on me, Alyssa. You've been so depressed for the past couple of days. Let's have some fun for a change! How about we go to the movies.... oh! Even a better idea! Let's go shopping! This way we can get some dresses-"

"Ruth," I call her.

"have a makeover, get our hair done--"

"Ruth, listen," I try for the second time.

"Ooh! Then later we could have some manicure. Then we can head to the spa-"

"Ruth!" She stops and turns to look at me. Her cheeks turn a light red colour as she recognises what she has just done.

"I was babbling again. Was I?" I nod at her embarrassed expression and chuckle slightly. I still can't believe that she is Zander's sister. They are so different. From their looks to they way they treat a person.

Zander's all broody and grumpy, like a woman who has just started her period. Like come on! His mood changes in seconds. I'm sure he's got mood swings.

Then there's Ruth. A beautiful lady. So carefree and wild. She's the kind of person you can bring to a party and drink the night away with. I love personality. Everything about her is so carefree and simple.

"No, Ruth. The healer said I should rest after nearly being choked twice," I try to make a joke about it and laugh, but it comes out more like a groan.

Ruth's eyes squint smaller and she has her hand under her chin, stroking it lightly as she tried to think of a possible solution.

"No excuses, Alyssa. You are coming with me. Now come on. We don't have much time on our hands. Get dressed. If we leave early, we can get back before it gets dark," it came out as a mumble as she had her head stuck in my wardrobe, looking for an outfit for me to wear.

"This is perfect," she squeals and hands me the outfit she has chosen. She hands me a cute floral short dress with a sweet heart neckline that barely showed any cleavage. Then she matched it perfectly with a pair of sandals. I had bought these clothes a really long time ago. I wonder if I can still pull them off.

"What are you wearing?" I asked as I got up to get ready.

"Can't you see girl. I'm always ready," she sasses and winks at me. She was dressed in a white shoulderless blouse that reached her waist. She complemented the top with a pair of rather right fades denim blue jeans and a white pair of Tommy tekkies. Her hair was laid back naturally.

In one word. She looked stunning.

"Wow. You're always so prepared," I said in awe.

"That's the power of Ruth, Alyssa. Now hurry up and get dressed. I'll be waiting for you downstairs. Chop, chop! Time is money, my favourite bitch!" She said as her footsteps fades as she walked further away from my room.

I quickly changed into the chosen outfit. I let my hair flow and pit on a bit of eyeliner and lip gloss. I look myself in the mirror and gasp. I looked stunning. I twirled a bit and checked out my body. Damn! Who knew I had so much curves?

I grab my cellphone and a clutch and put it in. I step out and go downstairs. As I descend the stairs I see Ruth with a man I didn't recognise next to her. To the other side was Zander, who had his back faced to me. Ruth looked pissed and her arms were crossed against her chest.

Looks like Zander ruined our plans. Ugh! What a party pooper.

"Are we still on?" My voice made all of them to turn to me.

Ruth looked at me and a playful smirk appeared on her face. Zander turned to look at me, our eyes locking. My feet stayed rooted to the ground as he stared intently at me. His eyes roamed down my body and back up again. His eyes dilated, turning charcoal black as his eyes roamed all over my body.

Sparks ignited in me, as he took me in. Every inch of my body was on fire. Yearning for his touch on any part of my body.

Ruth cleared her throat, making me come out of my daze and she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Girl, you look smoking hot," she apprached me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Come, an adventure awaits us. With Mister Stalker over here," she said the last part in a whisper. I guess Zander hired a bodyguard for us. I guess he didn't want us to lend into any sort of trouble.

We walked out and I could feel Zander's eyes burning holes in on my back. I ignore the sensations that swam through my body like a pool of demons and exited the pack house.

We enter a car. The bodyguard in front with Ruth and I at the back. I look through the window to see Zander outside. He was leaning against the door frame, his hands in his pockets as he studied me through the small window that divided us.

Saying he didn't look smoking hot like that would be a sin. I swallow hard and break our gaze. The car drives off, leaving Zander behind.

And increasing the distance between us.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading and voting once again, my beautiful angels. I hope yoh enjoyed this chapter. If you spot any errors, please kindly inform me in the comment section and I will fix it asap.

It's flipping cold and windy in South Africa today. I feel like frozen fish right now.

Now I'm just off topic...
Bye, angels.

Your favourite demon😈
-Emma