Chapter 39

"Xavier! I'll kill that son of b*tch! How dare he touch you!" Zander growled in anger running a frustrated hair through his hair. His eyes bloody red. Murderous. Ready to draw blood from stone.

"Zander, please calm d-" I say holding him, but he shook away my hand, staring at me with murderous eyes.

"You expect me to calm down! That bastard marked you and you expect me to calm down?" His voice boomed through the room, merging with his wolf.

His body shook with such velocity, I knew his wolf would surface at any moment. He hid his face in his hands. I could hear his sharp, ragged breath as he tried to calm himself down.

I tried to grab hold of his hand, but couldn't in time. He was quicker then me. In a flash, he grabed my arms with both hands, pulling me towards him.

My vision blurred, as I felt my cheeks wetten from the tears that tumbling down my cheeks. I hate this side of Zander. And today, I had to face it. Once again.

His golden eyes looked into mine, his canines sharpening. His wolf has fully taken over. And there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"You are mine, Alyssa. You're mine and only mine. How dare he mark my mate. I'll kill him," his yelled at me, his claws forming rapidly, digging into my skin.

"Zan.... Zander calm down. We... we can talk this through. Okay? Just listen to me once," I plead.

He raised his fist, and involuntarily I ducked my head, closing my eyes, ready for the blow.

Seconds pass by, followed by the crashing of glass in the bedroom. My eyes open slowly to see shattered glass on the floor.

Zander stood by the door, head against the door. Blood dripped from his hand, running down his arm, falling onto the carpet.

Only then had I realised the he was holding a shard of glass in his hand. My heart races as I quickly walked towards him. Making sure not to step onto the glass on the carpet.

"Zander," I murmur, taking slow steps towards him. He stayed in that position, before opening the door, and slamming it in my face.

I shouldn't have shown him the mark. What was I thinking? I quickly open the door, chasing after Zander, who footsteps was faintly heard in the distance.

My legs began to move faster. If I don't catch up with Zander, I don't know what he might do.

I quickly catch up with Zander's retracting figure, that was heading outside the pack house.

"Zander wait! Please... wait," I called out to him, taking deep breathes to slow down my pounding heart.

Before I could stop him, Zander shifts, sprinting into the woods in a flash. I quickly shift into my wolf as well, sprinting after Zander as fast as I could.

My wolf sniffs the air. Zander's scent was still present in the air, but it was slowly dying out. If I don't find him now, I might never be able to.

With what's left of Zander's scent, my wolf follows it. Hopefully this will lead us to Zander.

I hope he's alright.

Me too. This is all my fault. If I hadn't shown him the mark, none of this would've happened. I told my wolf, the guilt eatting me up inside. If anything happens to Zander, I won't be able to forgive myself.

No, Alyssa. None of this is your fault. It's good that you told him every thing. It would have been worse if he heard this from someone else.

No, this is all my fault. And I'm gonna fix this. No matter what it takes.

My wolf runs further into the woods, the ferocious wind blowing onto our white coat fur. Zander's scent gets stronger.

We follow it, until we spot him. Zander. Seated crossed legged on the sandy ground. He wore black beans, while his back was exposed to the cold. His eyes were fixated on something.

I shift back, grabbing a black worn out dress that lay on the ground to cover up my body.

I takes slow steps towards him, twigs snapping under my bare feet. Taking a seat next to him, I lay my head on his shoulder, not saying a word.

Zander was quiet. Oddly quiet. I knew he was thinking. Thinking deep about something I didn't know of. He was worried about something. I could sense it. Yet I couldn't bring myself to ask him anything.

I look on the ground, to see a gravestone. Next to it where shriveled flowers that looked like they were here for a number of years.

My eyes move towards the grave stone, widening when my eyes land on the name written on it.

In loving memory of
Xavier Black

12 April 1985 - 10 April 2015

That.... but how? How could Xavier be dead if I saw him. I truly saw him. He's the one who marked me. He's the one I saw. How is this even possible?

I stare blankly at the gravestone. If Xavier is dead, then who the neck did I see on that day.

"I don't know how all this happened. I'm as confused as you are," Zander's voice disturbed my thoughts, as I turned to face him.

"What do you mean?" The more Zander spoke, the more he confused me.

"I killed him," Zander whispered into the wind.

______________________________________

Hey, guys! I'm finally back on Wattpad! And my exams are finally over!💃💃💃💃
Damn, I missed you all so much. Thanks for waiting patiently for the updates.