Chapter 31

I'm woken up by a trail of kisses on my neck. A smile appears on my face, as I push the person's face away from my neck.

Just as I'm about to get back to sleep, more kisses are trailed down to my neck. I giggle slightly from the ticklish sensation on my neck. The same person nibbles my ear, making me gasp and opening my eyes way too quickly.

My eyes lock with Zander's icy blue ones as he looks down at me. His face is inches from mine. I can feel his breath fanning my face. His hand comes to my face, and takes a strand of my hair, putting it behind my ear.

"You're so perfect, Alyssa. So beautiful," he whispered to me. Heat courses up my cheeks, as I continue to look into his eyes. I could see the truth, the admiration, the care he held for me in his eyes. He admired me for who I was. With our without flaws.

The thought made me blush more, and I began to nibble my lower lip.
Zander's gaze moved from my eyes to my lips. A low growl escapes his lips, his pupils dilating and becoming darker then usual.

I stop nibbling and sit up instead. Zander pulls away from me, helping me in the process. But that doesn't stop him from grabbing me and putting me on his lap.

I yelp in surprise, looking at the mischevious smile that was plastered on his face.

"What are you up to, Zander?" My voice came out more like a whisper.

"Spending some time with my mate. Where's the harm in that. Hmm?" He pulled me closer as he hid his face in the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent.

"Nothing. But isn't it too early for all this," I tell him.

"What are you saying, love?"

Gathering all the courage in me, I take a deep breath and tell him what's on my mind.

"I'd like us to take things slow, Zander. I don't want to rush into things that I'm not ready for yet. I don't want to get my heart broken again," I explained to him.

He nodded his head, before taking my face in his hand, making me face him.

I look into his eyes. Different emotions coursed through them. A nervous smile plastered on his face, before he let out a shaky breath.

"There's no need to explain anything to me. I understand what you mean. I'll take things slow from now on. Whatever you do, I'll support you every step of the way," he reassured me. Taking my hands in mine, he kisses them.

"Thanks for understanding, Zander," I say. A charming smile graces his face, making me smile at him as well. I'm so happy to have Zander with me. The fact that he cares and understands me without questioning my decisions, makes me think that he truly is the one destined for me.

"Anytime, princess," he settles me on the bed and kisses my forehead.

I look down at my clothes. I am dressed in a pair of shorts and Zander's shirt that reached my knees. I don't remember changing my clothes last night. Then who...?

"Zander? How did my clothes change all of a sudden?" I asked Zander who was digging  for clothes in the closet.

He froze slightly, before turning to face me. He scratched the back of his head and looked away.

"I thought you wouldn't mind if I changed your clothes," he said. His cheeks tinted from embarrassment as he looked anywhere but at me.

He changed my freaking clothes!? Oh god! I think I should start digging a hole before I die of embarrassment right here.

"You looked uncomfortable in those clothes, so I changed them for you. I'll... I'll be in the shower if you need me," he said and hurriedly walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

That was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

●□●□●□●

I'm finally out of the room, after taking a nice warm shower, I exited the room, and decided to find my way to the dining table.

Zander was in his office, working. Ever since this morning, he's been really busy and I never really got to see him after our embarrassing encounter. Not like I was complaining or anything, but he should come out of that office and try to...

Spend time with you? Now you are seeking his attention? Pathetic. My wolf said.

Would you do me a favour and shut up? I said to my wolf.

No. I'm part of you. Remember? So I will speak however damn much I want--. I block out my wolf before she could continue with her rant. She can be quite a pain in the arse.

I find the dining room easier than I expected to. People surround the table, sitting and chatting to one another. Waiting for the arrival of their Alpha.

As I approach the table, more heads are turned my way. Some members happily greeted me which I did the same. While others gave me the death glares, mostly the unmated shewolves.

I found an empty chair and took a sit.

My stomach growled loudly, as I took in the delicious aroma of the food that spread out on the table.

The fried chicken, the salad, the casserole, the pastries, the freshly baked homemade bread, the blueberry pancake...

I think I'm in heaven.

"Excuse me? Who are you and what are you doing sitting on my chair," a voice says from behind me.

I turn around, facing the person.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading, everyone! All the love and support you are showing the book is really appreciated.

So, was the chapter great?

If so, don't miss the next update on Tuesday.

P.S Updates are on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Thanks a ton!