Chapter 15

I walk into the library, looking around for someone to assist me

I walk into the library, looking around for someone to assist me. I've never been in this library before, so this was all new for me.

I look ahead and find a guy sitting by a table. He had thick rimmed glasses on, with slightly ruffled black hair that matches his gray eyes and fair skin. He is engrossed in his book that I don't think he heard me come in. I should aak him. Perhaps he knows where section C is.

"Hey, sorry for disturbing you, but do you know where section C is?" He turns to me, an expression of boredom present in his face.

"Well that's a first. I've never seen anyone head towards that section," he says, his eyes roaming around my confused face. No one heads towards that section? What could possibly be in there?

"Why is that?" I ask him. It's weird to know that no one ever goes near that section.

"It's the forbidden section, miss. It's been on lockdown for over a century. No one is allowed to go near it. Especially a mere mortal like you. You can get killed," he says in amusement. My teeth clench in anger as I ball my fists and take deep breaths to calm me down. If only he knew who he was talking to.

"Tell me the direction to Section C," I demand.

He murmurs somedging under his breath.

"Tell me the direction to Section C," I say more persistently.

His eyes widens in shock. "Your death wish, miss," he says and tells me the direction to Section C. After he's done, I thank him and walk around, trying to find my way.

After a long walk, I finally stop at a large board that read Section C: The history of forbidden magic.

A shiver makes it way down my spine. This place screams danger. Maybe I should go back. It isn't safe at all here.

I try to move but my limbs work against me. I try once again, but it doesn't seem like my body is ready to obey me. I'm stuck in place, and all I can feel is the strong attraction pulling me further into the section of forbidden magic.

My legs begin to move against my own accord. I can feel my skin crawling as I near Section C. My heart begins to thump against my chest. Sweat trickles down my forehead and I wipe it off with the back of my hand.

My feet stops at a certain shelf. A thick black book falls to my feet. I pick up the book, and my fingers brush against the leather cover.

"Werewolf forbidden magic," I whisper to myself as my fingers brush against the gold lettering of the book.

A thought crosses my mind. If it weren't for Syllas, I would have never found this place. Wait? That means that Syllas knows that it's me who is blessed with the forbidden colour. How did he find out? I never told him anything. I just hope he doesn't tell anyone about all of this.

I open to the first page. The pages of the book are slightly brown and soft to the touch, so I have to be fragile with it. The next page is covered in black ink with the words, Forbidden Magic in bold black letters.

My heart begins to thump as I realise I will finally get to know my secret. The secret that no one had bothered to tell me. The secret everyone kept from me.

I take a deep breath and turn to the next page.

"What are you doing here," a loud voice says from behind me, making me drop the book to the floor as I turn around to face my consequences.

My eyes widen in shock when I see who is standing in front of me.