Chapter Two: Exploration Expectations

*COLBY'S POV*

"You guys ready to do this?" Elton asked. Corey quickly shook his head no, looking straight at the camera with a scared expression across his face.

"Oh put on your big boy pants Corey, let's go." Sam patted his back as we all exited and locked up the RV. Elton parked the RV literally in the middle of nowhere. The town has been left alone for so long that a forest has grown around it.

The sun was just setting, which, might I add, looks beautiful. We all just stood there and watched the sun go down between the trees.

"We should probably get going before someone finds us." Sam suggested.

"Who's gonna find us? We're in the middle of nowhere. There isn't a single house for miles." Corey laughed. With those last words, we began the long trek through the woods.

I️ have to admit, the Netherlands is a pretty awesome country. I️ mean, we've only been to a few cities but all of them have been beautiful in their own way.

After a little while of tip toeing through poison ivy, wiping away spider weds, and tripping over branches and stumps, we arrived.

And the only thing we could say was wow.

The place is....amazing. And creepy at the same time, the buildings were surprisingly still all up. There was very little vandalism, just a few spray painted names and pictures. Nothing as harsh as I've seen at other abandoned places.

No hobos were living there, it wasn't infested with animals or bugs. It was just, peaceful.

"Wow," Sam said.

"I️ was just thinking the same thing," I️ chuckled as I️ put my hood up. It seemed to be getting a little chilly; the Netherlands was pretty cold compared to the Los Angeles heat.

"Where do we start?" Elton asked, amazed by what was standing in front of us.

"I️ have no clue." I️ said, staring at the old buildings.

*ALLISON'S POV*

"We'll set up camp here for the night," Levi said as we dropped out things in an empty building.

The guys decided that they wanted to spend the night here, which I️ wish I️ didn't have to do since it can get pretty cold at night, but it's no big deal.

We laid out all of the blankets and extra clothes we had brought with us just in case and made makeshift beds out of what we had.

I've been here a few times before, mostly everyone around here has. It's a popular place for high school and college parties. It's technically not illegal to be on the property since no one owns it anymore so no one gets in trouble for being here. That is, unless you do something illegal on the grounds.

I️ helped set things up and then I️ wandered off by myself. I'm not afraid of being alone, well most of the time.

"Ali! Where are ya going?" Mila asked.

"Just gonna go wandering and explore a bit. Everyone have their flashlights and ringers on?" I️ asked. Everyone nodded, holding up their phones. One by one, we all split up to search for the unknown.

It was slightly chilly so I️ turned back around to head back to camp to get my jumper. As I️ turned around, I️ swear I️ saw lights off in the distance.

No one would be as stupid as we are to come out here in cold weather. I️ shook off the thought of someone else being here with us and continued walking.

I️ realized that everyone was far away, so to make myself feel less lonely, I️ began to sing to myself. It's a habit of mine, I've done it ever since I️ was little. I'm not the best singer, I'm pretty average. I've never sang around anyone.

"Give in, give in. I want you back
One heart, one too many to stomach
Love bites so deep, and we got tiger teeth"

I️ softly sang Tiger Teeth by Walk The Moon to myself.

As I️ stopped singing, again I️ heard voices, guys voices, coming from behind me, along with the rustling of bushes. But when I️ turned around, nothing; no one was to be seen for miles.

After a little while of walking around, we all texted in the group chat to meet back up at the building where all of our stuff was.

"You guys find anything interesting?" I️ asked, popping open a can of Red Bull and taking a big swig of it.

Everyone shook their heads no.

"As awesome as it is here, there's nothing really that interesting to find. It's just an old, abandoned, over-grown town." Lucas said. We all agreed and just began normal conversation.

I️, like usual, spaced off staring out the window. Again, I️ saw flashes of light. And then there was laughter. Everyone became silent.

"You guys heard that too, right? Please tell me in not going crazy." Mila panicked, her eyes darting around the dark room. 

"You're not going crazy, everyone stay up on the second floor. Just incase these people have weapons." Noah said. We all peeked our heads out the window and this time, everyone saw the lights, flash lights to be precise.

They were getting brighter and brighter; coming closer and closer to us.

*COLBY'S POV*

We've been walking around the town for a while. I️ think there's someone else here with us.

Every once in a while I'll see a light, most likely coming from a flashlight. No one believed me that I️ thought someone was here. That was, until we heard something in the distance.

"Give in, give in. I want you back
One heart, one too many to stomach
Love bites so deep, and we got tiger teeth" it sounded like a........girl. She was singing.

"You heard that too, right?" Corey asked. We all nodded, eyes wide with fear.

We're used to weird stuff happening to us, but not this weird.

The same girls voice continued to sing and hum along to a song. And damn....she's good.

I️ wonder if she's here alone, or if there's others here with us.