Chapter Fourty-Eight:Scenic Views

*ALI'S POV*
(A day later)

Two days. 48 hours I have left with my best friends, and the love of my life. Who knows when I'll be back?

I stood in the room I called my home. Called, that's the key word in that sentence.

I had most of my decorations and necessities packed up in a couple of my suitcases. Looking around now at the half empty room makes me wanna cry even more than I already do.

My family and I had decided that it would be best if I stayed with them in Germany until Finn's apartment in Delft was ready for me to move in. Plus, I get to spend some extra time with my mom, brother, and grandparents.

Two days I have left to do whatever the hell I want to do.

The past couple days have been stressful. And jam-packed with adventures, pre-recorded videos, and packing up the last of my things.

"Ali! Get your fine ass down here!" I heard Colby scream from downstairs, snapping me out of my trance. I rubbed my eyes, no longer wanting to see the suit cases sprawled out across my bedroom floor.

I made my way down the staircase quickly, to see the guys all standing down there.

"Whatsup guys?" I asked, confused as to why they were there in athletic clothing and had backpacks.

"Get in some gym clothes, we're going on a hike." Corey said. The rest of the guys all had smirks on their faces.

"Umm...why?" I asked, very confused. They all know that I do not enjoy outdoor activities. You could say I'm lazy, I'm not offended by it.

"Because we're going for a hike, duh." Sam laughed.

"Okay then....where are we hiking to?" I asked.

"That's for us to know, and for you to find out sweetheart. Now go get changed and meet us back down in the foyer." Colby said, lightly tapping my butt before I headed back upstairs.

I quickly grabbed an old t-shirt I had gotten on a family trip to St. Lucia island and a pair of cropped PINK leggings. I slipped on my baby pink Nike's and threw my hair up into a bun before going back down to the guys.

"Let's go! See you guys!" Sam yelled to Aaron and Devyn, who weren't coming with us on this secret adventure. I mean, they both never join us when we go on other explorations.

"Can I at least get a hint as to where we're going?" I asked as we all piled into two cars. Me, Sam, and Colby in one and Jake and Corey in the other.

"You're talked about wanting to go here before." Colby said as we sped off.

I groaned, not satisfied by the hint he gave me. I stared out the window, looking for any clues. But nothing. Before I knew it, we were parked in a dirt lot.

"Okay where the fuck are we?" I asked, following the boys up the beginning of the trail.

"Told you hun, it's a surprise." Colby said, grabbing my hand and walking by my side.

It's already almost sunset, in about an hour it'll be pitch black out. I gave up on asking questions and just followed them up the winding path.

The hike up the trail took us about half an hour, by the time we reached the destination, the sun was already setting.

"Okay Ali, we need you to close your eyes." Sam said. I groaned and covered my eyes with my left hand, extending my right one out to grab Colby.

"Please don't let me walk off the edge of the cliff." I joked, causing the others to laugh.

"Okay, just a couple more steps." Colby said before stopping and letting go of my hand.

"Okay, uncover your eyes." Sam said. When I did, it was beautiful.

The large Hollywood sigh, right in front of us. The sun slowly setting, turning the sky into a beautiful mix of pinks, oranges, and yellows. And in front of the sign, stood someone I haven't seen in a while.

"Elton!" I yelled as I ran over to him and embraced him in a hug.

"Hey Ali, long time no see." He laughed at my excited reaction to seeing him.

I bent down to pet Circa who was sitting at his feet.

"Surprise." Colby laughed, messing up his hair which was wet from the amount of sweat dripping off of him.

"Thank you guys, this is amazing." I said, hugging each one of them, one by one.

We all sat up at the cliff, watching the city lights turning on and the sun going down. Everything just looked.....amazing.

"We're all gonna miss you when you leave Al," Sam said out of the blue.

"I'm gonna miss you guys too. I love you guys so much." I said, as we all huddled into a group hug.

"Remember the night we all met for the first time, you and your friends scared the shit out of us. We thought you were some cult." Corey laughed.

"You guys were scared? We were terrified. But I mean, I guess meeting you guys was destiny. I couldn't imagine what would happen if we didn't meet." I chuckled.

"Oh and then when we ditched the party to throw our own party in the rental RV, that was hilarious. You were so drunk that night." Sam laughed.

"I was not! I was just a little tipsy. A couple shots can't hurt me." I said. We all sat there, reminiscing of the past, enjoying the present, and thinking about the future.

"How long do you think you'll be in Europe?" Jake asked.

"A couple months maybe, I don't know yet. I do know that I can't leave you guys forever though." I answered, remembering that I have to leave in two days.

Well, now it's more like one. I leave tomorrow, May 2nd.

I leave my home, my roommates, my best friends, the love of my life.

But I'll be back, I promise.

And with that, we headed back down the hill, Circa running ahead of us, all of us caught in separate conversations.

Colby and I walked hand in hand, every minute of the walk down the trail, every minute of the drive home.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to function without him with me.