10 / Tour Together

Y/N Pov

     I wake up and find myself staring at someone's face. That sounds really creepy the more I think about it. It's Patrick's face. He looks adorable while he sleeps. He still has his hat on. Either that hat is surgically stuck to his head or he just forgot to take it off. I hear him murmur something. 

     "I love you Y/N," Patrick mumbles in his sleep. 

     "I love you, too." Wait. Did I just say that? I think I just did. OK, don't panic Y/N. Never mind that. I AM PANICKING. I just said that. I ACTUALLY just said that. I mean I think I love him, but I also think I love Brendon. LIVING LIFE IS HARD. I start to feel myself fall off the couch. "OH SHIT! I'M FALLING OFF THE COUCH!" I feel someone's hand grab me before I fall. "Oh hey, Patrick," I say in the most awkward way known to man.

     "Hey Y/N. Are you Ok?" He helps me back on to the couch. "Did I accidentally cause you to almost fall off the couch." Aw. I feel bad now. He actually looks rather concerned. He technically caused me to almost fall off, but I'll try to leave that out.

     "Nope. It was just me and my clumsiness," I say wit a laugh.

     "You didn't hear what I said, right?" He looks kinda sad. I don't know if I should say yes or not.

     "If I did, I don't remember what it is." Ugh. He can probably tell that I'm lying.

     "Really?! I thought for sure you would have heard what I said, but that doesn't matter." I really thought he would saw through my lie. I guess this isn't the first this has happened to me. "I'll be right back. I just gotta use the bathroom." This could give me time to listen to his solo album, again. I honestly really like it. I turn on my speaker and play some Soul Punk. I start singing along until I hear someone open the door. Oh no. It's Patrick who opened the door. 

     "Well this is awkward," I say with an awkward laugh. 

     "I didn't know you listened to my solo stuff."

     "Yeah, it's pretty good, if I do say so myself."

     "Is this your first time hearing it."

     "It is." There goes another lie for today. I really need to stop. "Let's go grab some breakfast or something." 

TIME SKIP TO TOUR DAY...YAY

     Tour. I'm actually going on tour. I can't believe it. I actually, really can't believe it. I just hope I don't see him.  I stayed the night at Trick's, so he could just drive both of us to the bus. He offered to, though. It's time to say goodbye to LA for a bit. 

     "Come on, Y/N. Pete's actually gonna pick us up, but knowing him, he's gonna be late," Patrick says with a laugh. "Are you excited to go on tour for the first time?"

     "You sound like a parent talking to their child, but yes. I am excited. I am excited for all the stupidity that this tour is gonna have, which is probably gonna come from me."

     "No way. You're the coolest person I know."

     "Nope. You are by far the coolest person known to man."

     "I am not cool, and I know that I am not cool because you are." We both hear a knock on the door. I open it to see Pete. 

     "Come on! Let's get to the buses to start this tour!" Pete yells excitedly. Patrick and I grab our bags and we head to Pete's car. I open the trunk to be met with many boxes and bags.

     "What is all this crap in here?" I ask Pete.

     "Boxes and stuff, duh," Pete answers. 

     "Of course it is," Patrick replies.

     "Sasstrick. Sasstrick. Sasstick," I silently chant, "but sass aside, we should get going." We finally reach the buses and meet Brendon, Joe, Andy, and a few other people, too. "Hey, Brendon. I'm ready for the bus life. Teach me the bus life." 

     "Ok young follower. I will teach you, youngling. Follow me and gain the knowledge."

     "You're all dorks!" Pete yells.

     "You are too!" I yell back. Brendon leads me to the bus. "This is pretty cool. Not bad."

     "This is the living and kitchen area, and if we walk a little over here, these are the bunks. The door here is the bathroom. Shower to your left. Toilet and Sink to your right. Claim your bunk, young follower." I toss my backpack on the first middle bunk to my right. "Nice choice. My bunks right under yours. Back here in this back room, we have a fully fledged living room. I brought my Xbox and a few controllers."

     "Cool. I brought my Switch, too. I think I left a few Xbox games in my bag from a while ago. I also brought some extra controllers. Maybe we can have a Mario Kart rematch. I'm tired. I'm gonna go and take a nap. I barely could go to sleep last night with being so excited about tour."

     "I can't blame you. We'll be leaving in a few minutes." I walk to my bunk and basically go to sleep while hugging my backpack. I'm excited, but also extremely terrified. This'll be fun. This'll be great. I slowly fall asleep.

TIME SKIP TO FIRST SHOW

     "Are you ready Y/N?" Brendon asks me.

     "I'm ready. I got this." Truth is I'm as nervous as can be. 

     "You'll do amazingly. I know it. Let's start this show, Y/N."

     "I'm ready to go."

     "Stop referencing my songs."

     "Can't stop, won't stop."  This is it. This is tour. This is performing. We appear on stage, but before we start DTMWAGT, Brendon makes an announcement,

     "Hey! Before we start, I wanna introduce all you to someone new. Meet Y/N! Our new bassist. Give them a good, warm welcome!" I hear so many applauses and cheers.

     "Thanks, but let's start playing shall we?" The adrenaline rush is amazing. This is the best feeling on Earth, making so many people happy. I never thought that I would ever be doing this. We end the show while playing Victorious, and we say goodbye to the audience. I get backstage and am greeted with a tight hug. 

     "You did amazing out there, Y/N!" Patrick says.

     "Really? I couldn't have been that good." I let go of Patricks hug.

     "That was some pretty sick skill out there," Andy chimes in.

     "That was really good for your first time," Joe adds.

     "You were better than me. Then again, I'm not a good bassist," Pete says.

     "Shut up. You will always be better than me. We should get to that meet and greet." I can't wait for what this tour will hold, but something is just tugging at my mind. I can't grasp at what it is. I guess I should just get going.

1158 words