21 / Say I Love You (Friday Night) (Brendon)

Y/N Pov

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I turn off my alarm as I drag myself out of my bed. Whoops. I guess I slept in until two.  I walk over to the bathroom to brush my teeth, but there's a note on the door.

I put some clothes out for you in there. Make sure you get ready quick and don't forget your bag. Also, don't forget protection. -F/N

P.s. - were out of cereal and it's totally not because I ate all of it even though I just bought it

I laugh at the note, but what do they mean. Also, "don't forget protection"? I know what's she's referring to, but why. I quickly get changed into the outfit and grab my bag, as I hear the doorbell ring. I open the door and see Brendon standing there.

He suddenly picks me up, bridal style, and carries me to his car. "Only the best for my royalty!"

"Now put me down, my peasant," I joke back while giggling.

He sets me into the passenger seat, then gets into the driver's side. Brendon starts driving to, actually, I don't even know where we're going.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll just have to wait."

"Of course," I joke sarcastically. I turn on the car radio. The Final Countdown begins to play.

"You know what day it is?" Brendon asks.

"IT'S FUCK YEAH FRIDAY!!!" we both scream.

~ ~ ~

Brendon opens the door for me. He takes my hand and leads me outside.

I noticed that we're at the park.

We walk together for a bit on the path, holding hands. We suddenly stop, and I almost fall over.

"Can't have that happening," Brendon says as he catches me.

"What a gentleman," I tell him.

He leads me to a small clearing.

There's a picnic blanket set out along with a basket and a guitar.

We sit across from each other on the blanket. Brendon takes out a few containers from the basket.

"I'm surprised that no one stole the guitar," I jokingly say.

"I made (favorite food) for us. I hope I didn't screw it up," he jokes, too.

We each take a container and begin to eat. We end up talking for a couple of hours. After those conversations, we don't talk much, but we rather take in each other's company.

I start thinking a bit. Maybe we were meant to be. It's cheesy as hell, but we've both had troubling past relationships. Maybe, this is our chance to finally to finally find the perfect someone, but then again. What if this is just another failed relationship. The last one was far from normal. What says this one will be normal? Maybe, I've been thinking too much. But I don't want this to end. It sounds obsessive, but this is everything. A couple of tears fall down my cheek, as I sniffle a bit.

"Hey babe, what's wrong?" Brendon asks me, worried.

"I'm fine I was just thinking."

"You're clearly not fine. Please, tell me what's wrong."

"What if- what if this fails? What if this is just another relationship bound to end up in the dumpster? What if- what if they come back?" I ask as he takes me into a comforting hug.

My tears have probably wet his shirt, already.

"Hey, hey. It's ok. Don't worry about the future. Just enjoy what's happening now, even the small things. I know we've both had troubling pasts, but we're both together, now. And if they come back, I will protect you, and you might end up hanging to protect me, but you get the idea," he says making me laugh a bit. "Now come on. I wanna play something for you. I know I wrote this one a while ago and for a different person, but I think I know who it should be dedicated to. I'm lucky to be sittings right across from them."

When the world gets too heavy
Put it on my back
I'll be your levy
You are taking me apart
Like bad glue
On a get well card

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back, to let me know

I'm a fly that's trapped
In a web
But I'm thinking that
My spider's dead
Lonely, lonely little life
I could kid myself
In thinking that I'm fine

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back, to let me know

That I'm skin and bone
Just a king and rusty throne
Oh, the castle's under siege
But the sign outside says 'leave me alone'

It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back, to let me know

"So I guess this leaves me today this," Brendon says. He takes a small velvet box out of his pocket.

I cover my mouth with my hands, tears forming.

"This isn't a proposal, but more like a promise." He takes the ring out of the box. " From this day on, I promise you that I will never leave your side. We'll get married one day. I promise it. So please, I want to continue this journey with you, be my special someone in this."

I nod my head, as he puts the ring on. "I love you." I engulf him with another hug.

"I love you so much."

We clean up our little picnic area and go on another walk. I spot some swings and nudge Brendon. 

"Hey! Can we please go on the swings?" I say like a little kid.

"Duh. Of course, we can!" 

We both run towards the swings and set the basket down. We sit in swings right next to each other.

"WEEEEE!" I scream like a little child.

"You're just like a little kid," Brendon comments.

"But so are you."

"And that's why I love you." He tries to jump off the swing, but he ends up falling.

I get off my swing and run over to help him. "I'm sorry. I shoulda been there. Like you caught me before I fell," I say as I rub the back of my neck.

"Hey. It's ok. Don't be sorry. I'm totally fine," Brendon reassures me, as he gets up and brushes the dirt off him.

I pick the basket back up, and we head towards the car. 

The car ride back home was fairly silent.

"Thanks for taking me out Brendon. I really enjoyed today, and now I have a boyfriend."

"I really enjoyed today, too. Thanks for letting me take you out, my new partner."

"Well, you did just take me out of my house without my notice, but...," I joke.

"Oh yeah. That wasn't the original plan, but F/N insisted on it."

"I hope to do this again sometime, Bren."

"When did you come up with the nickname?"

"Just now. Do you not like it?" I ask a bit nervously.

"Nope. I mean, no I don't don't like it. So yes, I do like it, but I do hope to see you again sometime." He gives me a quick kiss before he leaves.

I enter the house and see F/N on the couch. 

"YOU'RE GROWING UP SO FAST!" F/N screams, while hugging me tightly. "Y/N HAS A BOYFRIEND!"

"Sure. You can put it that way, but yes, Brendon and I are a thing. I hope it stays that way forever."

A/N - This is kinda a filler, but I feel like it was needed because of the next chapters, unless.....you read the next chapters before this. I was an idiot and decided to make these chapters after I posted the next chapters sooooooo.. hehehe. Hopefully, this chapter makes you feel a bit better if you did read the next chapters before reading this one. Actually, this could've made you feel worse. W h o o p s...