Exploring Pine Courtyard at Night

"Second young miss should not!" Man Xi was truly afraid and crawled forward a few steps, wanting to hug Feng Yu Heng's leg. As she raised her two hands, she remembered the infections on her fingers. Her hands froze in mid-air. She could neither advance nor retreat.

Feng Yu Heng actually completely reversed from her earlier attitude. She suddenly grabbed both of Man Xi's hands and brought them towards her own face.

"Second young miss." Man Xi wanted to pull her hands back but found that she absolutely could not.

"Don't move. Let me take a look."

Man Xi was both ashamed and afraid. Her nails had already had this appearance for over half a year. To prevent others from noticing, she had been getting up in the middle of the night to apply nail polish. Even during the day, she would pick work that avoided being near water. Only through doing this, did she manage to keep it hidden. Now...

"Man Xi." Feng Yu Heng studied her finger nails, "Youu know what my grandfather used to do, right?"

Man Xi was surprised, then subconsciously nodded her head. "I- I have heard." Not a single person in the Feng manor did not know of the Yao family.

"Hm, from little, I was close with my grandfather. I've also read a decent number of medical books and learned a good number of medical treatments. At that time, I was young and extremely curious. I have taken a large number of prescription medications. If I said I could treat your infection, would you believe me?"

Man Xi instantly froze. Sometimes, joy can hit too suddenly, leaving one unable to resist. The girl's mouth opened and closed repeatedly for a while, yet not a sound came out.

Feng Yu Heng abruptly patted her on the shoulder, only with this did she regain focus. The sound of a cry sounded out: "Really?"

"Not really." She pushed both hands away and leaned back against the chair, "What were we talking about before? Oh right, I need to go inform mother and grandmother."

"Second young miss!" Man Xi's heart was erratic. It fluctuated constantly, sometimes dropping to the pit of her stomach and sometimes rising up to her throat. "Second young miss, would you please just take mercy on this servant! I beg second young miss to save me! I beg of the second young miss!"

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, "You are a top maidservant at mother's side. Even if you want someone to save you, you should ask mother for help. I'm just a concubine's daughter who is not well liked. How could I save you?"

Man Xi was also rather intelligent and understood what Feng Yu Heng was saying. In order to protect one's family, status and life, they must be clear on the matters before them. The head wife was, without doubt, her master, but she was not a reliable master. She had always been a top maid servant, but from time to time, she would be punished with her monthly wages being deducted. Under strict rules, she could even be beat by a cane. If she had a choice, she obviously would not choose to serve such a master. Even more so the case with her being handled in Feng Yu Heng's hands. If she didn't express her sincerity, she might very well be chased from Feng manor tonight.

Thinking of this, Man Xi no longer hesitated. She retreated two steps and properly knelt once more and seriously bowed towards Feng Yu Heng: "This servant recognizes her master. The first reason being it was assigned by the manor, there was no choice. The second reason is for my personal well being, this is the choice I have made. So long as the second young miss can treat this servant's infection, then this servant will be utterly obedient."

Very good, Feng Yu Heng nodded her head, "Raise your head." She welcomed Man Xi's eyes, as their eyes met.

Man Xi felt that the second young miss' eyes were full of inquiry. It was as though she wanted to completely see through her, such that not even the tiniest thought could escape that person's gaze.