Chapter 18

I slipped on my one white ballet flat on my good foot and grabbed my white shawl from my bed

I slipped on my one white ballet flat on my good foot and grabbed my white shawl from my bed. My hair was pulled back into a low bun with a few strands in my face. I had on some light brown eyeshadow, light pink lipgloss and some eyeliner with some blush on my cheeks. I grabbed my clutch before walking out of my room and downstairs where I saw Emmett standing in a black tuxedo with a white shirt and black tie.

He took my hand helping me off the last step and I smiled as he kissed my forehead. "You look beautiful Mal" He said and I blushed. "Thanks aside from the cast. The dress was a gift from Rosalie" I said and Emmett smiled. "You really do look stunning Malory and you too Jess" Danielle said and Jess smiled as she stood beside Mike.

"Alright smile" Danielle said as she held up a camera and Emmett wrapped his arm around my waist as we smiled. The flash went off and Danielle took a few more. "Ok mom, dad we have to go" Jess said desperately. "Ok, ok. Go have fun" Danielle said before hugging the both of us. "I'll take care of her Mr and Mrs Stanley" Emmett said before we exited the house.

Emmett lifted me bridal style as we walked down the steps and I giggled. He gently placed me down and walked me to his jeep. He helped me in and closed my door before walking around to his side. He climbed in and we began the drive to school. "You look dashing" I said and Emmett chuckled. "Why thank you" Emmett replied and I smiled.

"How are you feeling?" Emmett said as he held my hand over the console. "Better. Not in so much pain" I said and he nodded. "Carlisle said your foot should be ok in a couple of weeks" Emmett said and I let out a sigh. "Thank God. Walking around and sleeping with this thing is so uncomfortable" I said and Emmett chuckled as he caressed my knuckles with his thumb.

We arrived at school where students flooded the carpark dressed to the nines. Emmett parked his car before climbing out and walking over to my side. He opened the door and lifted me from my seat gently placing me on the ground before offering me his arm which I looped mine through. We walked to the entrance where people were lining up as they got their photo taken.

"I can't believe you talked me into coming" I said as I shook my head lightly. "Come on babe. You'll have fun. I'll make sure of it" Emmett said as he smiled at me. "I won't be able to dance" I said and Emmett shrugged. "You can stand on my feet" He replied. "You always know how to make any situation happy" I said and he leaned down pecking my lips.

"Your happiness is all that matters to me" Emmett said tenderly and I blushed. "Smile" The guy holding the camera said. I smiled at the camera before we began to walk away. Emmett lifted me by my waist up the steps before be entered the building where the music was booming and people were dancing.

Amongst the crowd I saw Alice dancing in her black revealing prom dress that left little to the imagination and Jasper was wearing a simple black tuxedo as he danced with her. Beside them was Rosalie and Damon. Rosalie was wearing a fire truck red floor length dress which clung to her body that was backless and had a deep V neckline.

Damon wore a black tuxedo with a red tie. I saw Angela at the DJ table with Eric and she waved at me. I waved back and turned to Emmett. "Wanna go outside?" He said as he leant down to my ear and I nodded. Emmett lead me outside under an empty gazebo as a soft song played inside. I giggled as Emmett lifted me onto his feet before we gently began dancing.

"You know, my mom would've loved you" I said and Emmett gave me a small smile. "You think?" He said and I nodded. "Yeah. She would've loved your personality and especially would've loved how happy you make me" I said as I began to get choked up. "And that's one thing that breaks my heart about her no longer being here. She never got to meet the person who makes me the happiest I've ever been" I said as a tear slipped from my eye.

Emmett wiped the tear from my cheek tenderly as he caressed my face. "My mom would've loved you too. Your personality is kind of like hers. Strong, brave, witty, courageous. She used to worry that I wouldn't marry one day but always had faith in me. My brothers used to make fun of me because I was rather big and muscly and childish. They used to say when they got angry at me that no woman would ever love a man like me and for a while I believed them until I met you" Emmett said and I smiled at him.

"Malory, you don't understand how much you mean to me. You're my reason for living. Without you I would be nothing and I can promise that for the rest of your life, I will never let anyone hurt you ever again as long as I am here. You are my world" Emmett said sweetly and I blushed. "Moving to Forks, was the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you so much Emmett Cullen" I replied and Emmett smiled before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine.

I placed my hand on his cheek and he gently held my wrist as we kissed. We pulled away and I looked up at him. "I love you so much Malory Rowe" Emmett whispered and I smiled before I rested my head on his chest as we danced the rest of the night away.