Chapter 45

Third person P.O.V

Silence filled the house, as Riley Biers stood in the middle of the Stanley household. He slowly walked up the stairs tracing his hand up the rail as he made it to the top. He stopped and looked at the family photos that hung on the wall before walking towards Malory's bedroom. He turned the handle, pushing the door open and looked around her bedroom.

As he entered the room he picked up a photo off her bedside table. He tilted his head slightly as he looked at the two women in the picture before his eyes fell on the urn that was beside the photos. He placed the frame back down before picking up the urn and looking at it. "Grace Marie Rowe" He read to himself before placing it back down.

Sitting on the end of her bed was what looked to be a grey cardigan Within the blink of an eye Riley was holding the cardigan in his hand. He brought it up to his nose taking a sniff and instantly felt his mouth water with venom as he gripped the cardigan in his hands.

I thought that Swan girls scent was strong but Malory's is overwhelming. How can that buffoon control himself around her? Riley thought to himself

Malory's P.O.V

Emmett parked his car out the front of my house after our little drive. "Hmm Danielle and Craig mustn't be home yet" I said as I noticed their cars still not in the driveway. I looked at the time and saw it was 5 pm. We climbed out of Emmett's jeep walking up the steps to the front door. I fished my keys out of my bag and unlocked the door before we walked in.

I dropped my bag to the ground before unzipping my coat. "God I'm exhausted-" I said stopping mid sentence when I saw Emmett's face. A look of confusion crossed his face as he looked around before rushing up the stairs. "Emmett! What's wrong?!" I exclaimed as I chased after him and saw him run into my room.

"Someone was here" He said as he picked up the picture of my mom and I before turning to her urn as he lightly touched it. My eyes widened in shock and confusion. "What?! What do you mean someone was here?!" I said as he continued looking around my room.

"Another vampire was here. Their scent is all over your room. Like they were looking for something" said Emmett as he turned to me. "We need to leave" He said before grabbing my hand leading me out of my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked as we all sat in the living room. I heard the front door open and relief filled me knowing Emmett and Jasper were back. "A stranger. I didn't recognise his scent" replied Edward as he stood by the window. "A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive and they wouldn't have gone to Malory's house" Rosalie spoke up. "The scent disappeared about five miles south of Malory's house" Jasper said as they entered the room. I stood up from my position on the couch as Emmett walked over to me wrapping his arms around me as I rested my head on his chest.

"Someone's orchestrating this" said Carlisle and I bit my bottom lip. "Could it be Victoria?" I said as I looked to Carlisle. "I would've seen here decide" Alice said as she turned to me. "Has to be the Volturi" said Edward. "I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions too" Alice replied. "So we keep looking" said Emmett.

"We'll also take shifts guarding the girls at their homes" Carlisle said. "Another protection detail?" Rosalie said irritably. "Rosalie" Carlisle said, silencing her. "No she's right. You can't protect us, watch our families and search for the intruder" said Bella from her position on the couch. "And for Victoria" said Rosalie.

"And keep yourselves fed" I spoke up. "We're not leaving you here defenceless" Edward said as he looked at Bella. "Well, I'm not gonna let you starve. And we wouldn't be unprotected. I have..." Bella trailed. "What?" Edward questioned as he looked at Bella and the wolves instantly came to mind.