Chapter 27

I shifted uncomfortably as I sat in-between Jacob and Bella in her truck. I had offered to bring my own but Bella said we would all fit in hers. With Jacob's bulky ass body, I'm a little squished to say the least. "If I told you I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you have said?" Jacob asked as he turned to Bella. "Are you doubting your mad skills?" I said as I turned to him and he chuckled.

"No. Definitely not. I mean they'll run fine it's just uh...maybe if I was smart I would've dragged the rebuild out a bit" Jacob replied. "If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes I would say that's really too bad but that we're just gonna have to find something else to do" Bella said and Jacob turned to me. "What about you Mal?" He said and I smiled.

"I would've said the same thing" I replied and he smiled. "Is that Sam Uley?" Bella said as she pointed to a group of people at the top of the cliffs. "Yeah. Him and his cult" Jacob said bitterly. "Oh my God!" Bella and I said at the same time as the group pushed a guy off the cliff. "Did you see that?!" Bella said as she stopped her truck before we climbed out running to the edge of the road.

I heard Jacob laughing behind me and we turned to see him leaning against Bella's truck. "They're not really fighting guys, they're cliff diving. Scary as hell but a total rush" Jacob explained and I turned back to see more of them leaping off. "A rush?" Bella said as she watched them.

"Most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples" Jacob said. "You have some kind of beef with him or something?" Bella said as she walked back over. After a few seconds I followed behind her. "I don't know. They just think they run this place. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him" Jacob spat and I turned to see a skinnier figure next to Sam.

"That's Embry?" I said in slight shock and watched as he leapt from the cliff, screaming as he did so. "Yeah" Jacob said. "What happened to him?" Bella asked. "He missed some school. Now all of a sudden he started following Sam around like a little puppy. Same thing happened with Paul and Jared. Sam keeps giving me this look. Like he's waiting for me or something. It's kind of starting to freak me out" Jacob said.

"Well you should just avoid him" Bella said. "I try" Jacob replied and I turned to see Sam leap from the side of the cliff diving into the water below. We all climbed back into the truck and began to drive off. We soon arrived at a rural location with a dirt trail. Bella parked her truck before turning it off. I climbed out and admired the view as I looked around.

Jacob walked around to the back of the truck and opened the tailgate before lifting the bikes out. "Mal you wanna go first?" Bella asked and I shook my head as I walked over to Jacob with her. "Death machines aren't exactly my thing" I said and Bella chuckled. "Ok" She said before climbing on. "You look scared" Jacob said.

"I'm not" Bella replied confidently. "Alright" Jacob replied before placing his hands on the handles of the bike. "Brake?" Bella said. "That" Jacob said pointing it out to her. "Clutch? Good" Jacob said as Bella adjusted her grip. "Gas" Jacob said and Bella flipped the switch before the engine started. "Ready? Now slowly release the clutch" Jacob said and Bella paused for a minute looking up distantly.

She suddenly released the clutch shooting forward, gasping as she did so. "Whoa" Jacob said from beside me. "You alright?" I said and Bella blinked. "I wanna go again" Bella said before starting the engine again and taking off. "Bella be careful!" I called after her before biting my lip out of worry. I watched as she kept looking back, a shocked expression on her face each time.

She started to drift to the right and my eyes widened in fear as she lost control of the bike. "Hit the brake!" Jacob called out before Bella was thrown off the bike hitting a rock. "Bella!" I exclaimed before running over to her, Jacob climbing on the other bike zooming past me. I made it to her just after Jacob and fell beside them.

"I want to go again" Bella said and I gasped as I saw the blood on the side of her head. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Jacob said from beside me. "I want to go again" Bella said ignoring Jacob. "No, forget it. No more bikes" Jacob said stopping Bella from standing up. "Man your head" Jacob said as he looked at Bella's forehead and she lifted her hand placing it on her head.

"Ow" Bella said. "Yeah" Jacob said. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry" Bella said. "What? You're apologising for bleeding?" I said confused. "Yeah I guess I am" Bella replied. "Well it's just blood Bella. No big deal" Jacob said before standing up and taking his shirt off revealing his toned body. "Here" Jacob said before placing his shirt on her bleeding gash.

"What are you staring at?" Jacob said as he dabbed her wound. "You're sort of beautiful" Bella said. "How hard did you hit your head Bella?" I said playfully. "I don't know" She replied. "Let's go" Jacob said before helping Bella stand up from the ground.