Chapter 48

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president or in my case, a princess" Jess said causing chuckles to fill the room. "When we were ten they asked again. We answered, rockstar, cowboy or in my case, a gold medalist" said Jess and more chuckles filled the room.

"But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well how about this? Who the hell knows?" Jess said and everyone cheered as we clapped in response. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot" Jess said and I saw Emmett turn and wink at me.

I blushed as I shook my head slightly. "Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be, we won't have to guess, we'll know" Jess finished and everyone applauded and cheered loudly.

"Congratulations Malory!" Danielle exclaimed as she hugged me tightly after everyone left the gym. "Thank you Danielle" I replied as I hugged her back. We pulled away and I wiped a fallen tear. "Don't cry sweetie!" Danielle said as she held my arms. "I just wish my mom could've been here for this" I replied and she gave me a sad smile.

"Your mom would be so proud of you right now" Danielle said and I smiled as I nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Rose, do I look ok?" I said as I exited her ensuite walking into her room. I was wearing a short tight black tress with thin spaghettini straps and black strapped high heels. My hair was pulled into a tight slick high pony tail and I had in some of Rosalie's gold hoop earrings. "You look amazing Mal. Emmett won't be able to keep his hands off you" Rosalie said and I giggled.

We exited her room walking downstairs where the party was going on. I saw Emmett and Damon talking at the base of the stairs and smiled when his eyes fell on me. "Holy crap babe! You look amazing!" Emmett said as he took my hand in his. "Thank you baby" I said before leaning forward pressing my lips to his.

Emmett was wearing a dark grey button up t shirt that was rolled to his elbows, black pants and a tie. "You look handsome" I said as I looked at his outfit and he smirked. "I can't wait to rip that little dress of you later" Emmett whispered in my ear and I felt chills roll down my spine. "We'll see you guys later. We're going to guard your house" Rosalie said before she and Damon walked down the stairs.

"I'm thirsty" I said and Emmett nodded before leading me through the crowd to the drinks table. I grabbed a red solo cup and filled it with punch. "Malory!" I heard someone say and turned to see Jess and Angela. "Hey guys!" I said as I gave them both a hug. "You look so hot Mal" Angela complimented as she looked at my outfit. "Thank you" I replied.

"What did you think of my speech? Was it too much? Not long enough?" Jess said and I shook my head. "Jess, your speech was awesome. Your really hit the nail on the head" I replied and she smiled. "Thanks. I knew it would be amazing" Jess replied and I giggled before we went our seperate ways.

Emmett and I walked away from the crowd standing by the wall near the stairs. "You know I saw Mike gawking at you. I think he may have even popped a chubber" Emmett said and burst into a fit of giggles. "Don't worry baby, I only have eyes for you" I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Good" Emmett said before leaning down pressing his lips to mine.

After a few minutes of making out, Emmett pulled away and turned his head where I saw Jacob, Embry and Quill walking up the steps. They looked around and Embry smiled at me as I gave a small wave. They walked over to Bella and I turned to Emmett. "Did Alice invite them?" I said confused and he shook his head. "Bella must've" Emmett replied and I nodded.

I saw Alice making her way down the stairs only to stop as her eyes clouded over. "Alice?" I said as I pulled Emmett over to the bottom of the stairs. "Alice? What'd you see?" Bella said as she stood beside me. "The decisions been made" Alice said. "What's going on?" Jacob asked as he walked over. "You're not going to Seattle" I stated.

"No. They're coming here" Alice said. Within moments the Cullen's and Jacob's gang were out on the balcony. "They'll be here in four days" Alice said as she stood beside Jasper. "This could turn into a blood bath" Carlisle said as he leaned against the table. "Who's behind it?" Edward asked as he turned to Alice.

"I didn't see anyone I recognised. Maybe one" said Alice. "I know his face. He's local. Riley Biers. He didn't start this" said Edward as he shook his head. "Whoever did is staying out of the action" Alice replied. "They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision" Carlisle said as he looked at Alice.

"Either way, the army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town" Jasper spoke up. "Hold up. What damn army?" said Jacob. "Newborns. Our kind" replied Carlisle as he looked at Jacob. "What are they after?" asked Embry. "They were passing around the girls scent. A red blouse and grey cardigan" Alice replied.

"That's what the intruder was after" I said as it clicked in my mind. "They're after Bella and Malory? What the hell does this mean?" Jacob questioned. "It means an ugly fight with lives lost" Carlisle replied and I sighed as I leaned against Emmett's chest. Jacob turned to Quill and Embry who gave him a nod. "Alright. We're in" Jacob said.

"No. You'll get yourselves killed. No way" Bella spoke up from beside Edward. "I wasn't asking for permission" Jacob replied as he looked to Bella. "Edward?" Bella said as she turned to him. "It means more protection for you and Malory" Edward said as he looked from Bella to me. "Jacob, do you believe sam would agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires" Jacob replied and I rolled my eyes at him. "Jasper?" Carlisle said. "They'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't know they even exist. That'll give us an edge" Jasper replied as he looked at the three boys. "We'll need to coordinate" said Carlisle as he stood up straight.

"Carlisle! They're gonna get hurt!" Bella protested as she rose from her spot. "We'll all need some training. Fighting newborns requires the knowledge Jasper has. You're welcome to join us" Carlisle said to Jacob, ignoring Bella. "Alight. Name the time and place" Jacob agreed. "Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into" Bella pleaded.

"Bella, this is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You are the one who wanted us to get along remember?" Jacob said as he looked at her.