Chapter 69

Emmett and I walked hand in hand into the Cullen's house. As we reached the top of the stairs I saw Bella and Edward as well. We walked over where I saw Jacob, Embry, Carlisle and Damon. "Wow, done already?" Damon said as he looked up from his newspaper. "Where are the girls?" Bella said as she looked around.

"Blondie and Pixie stole them" Jacob said as he looked out the window and I smiled as I looked to Emmett. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into him from behind. "Break a lot of stuff?" Damon asked and I playfully glared at him. "Damon, no" I said as I shook my head at him and they all chuckled.

The phone started to ring and a tension filled the air. "Is that Charlie?" Bella said as she walked forward. "He's been calling twice a day. Danielle has been calling too" Edward said and I instantly felt the guilt build in my stomach. "He's in pretty rough shape" Jacob said as he turned to Bella. "Eventually we'll have to tell them you two didn't make it" Carlisle said.

I turned wrapping my arms around Emmett and he held me to him. "They need to mourn" Edward said and I sighed. "Ok. We'll do it tomorrow" Bella said as she walked over to Edward and I nodded. "I'm gonna miss this place" Damon said as he got up from his chair. "We'll come back. We always do" Carlisle replied.

"Wait...nobody said anything about leaving" Embry said. "Once people believe Malory and Bella are dead, we can't risk anyone seeing them" Carlisle explained. "So you just disappear?" Jake said as he looked to us. "We don't have any other choice" said Emmett. "Should we go find our daughter?" I said to Emmett and he nodded before we left the house.

We walked outside to the back garden where I saw Rosalie, Alice and the girls sitting on the grass. "Morning!" Alice said happily. "Morning" I replied as Emmett and I sat beside them. Avery reached her arms out to me and I smiled as I took her. "Hi baby" I cooed as I held her. She giggled as she placed her hand on my nose and I giggled.

Avery then turned and held her arms out to Emmett. "Come to daddy my little princess" Emmett said as he took her and cradled her in his big arms. "Like your new clothes?" Alice said and I chuckled as I nodded. "Yes I do. Thank you" I said as I gave her a side hug and she smiled. "It's so good to be able to hug you without nearly killing you" Alice said as she gave me a tight hug and I laughed.

Avery began to stir and I took her from Emmett. "She's probably hungry" Alice said. "What has she been drinking?" I said. "We've been giving both her formula and blood through out the day" Alice replied as she handed me the bottle of formula and I nodded as I placed it in Avery's mouth and she began to drink.

"Carlisle was saying that because the girls are half human half vampires, they should have a balanced diet of blood and human food" Rosalie said as she held Renesmee and I nodded. "What blood are they drinking?" I asked as I looked down at Avery. "Human for now" Alice replied and I nodded.

After she finished Emmett and I headed inside to the living room. He sat beside me on the couch as we gushed over our daughter. "She looks like you but she has my eyes from when I was human" Emmett said as she grabbed his finger. "I just quickly need to talk to Carlisle" said Emmett and I nodded.

He exited the living room and I smiled as I looked down at Avery. "Your grandma would've loved you. She would've been so excited to have a grandchild. I know she's looking down at us now smiling. Probably thinking how beautiful you are" I said as Avery smiled at me. I held her up and she placed her hands on my cheeks as she looked at me.

"Mommy loves you so much" I whispered as she rested her forehead on mine giving me a giggle. I heard Emmett enter the living room again with a smile on his face as he looked at Avery and I. "Do we wanna go home?" Emmett asked and I nodded. "Avery looks a little sleepy" I said as I stood up and Emmett nodded. We left the house and began walking to our house.

"Look at all the birdies Avery" I said as I pointed to the birds in the trees above us. She gurgled as she clapped her little hands and I giggled. We made it back to our house and walked inside. "I'm just going to put Avery to sleep ok?" I said as I turned to Emmett and he nodded. "I'll be in the living room. The games on" He said and I rolled my eyes before making my way up the stairs.

I entered Avery's nursery and shut the door behind me. "Look Avery, this is your new room" I said as I looked down at her. I quickly changed her clothes and diaper before walking over to the chair and sitting down with her. She began to fuss and I gave a small laugh. "Hey, hey, it's ok. How about mommy sings you a lullaby?" I said.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high; there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true" I softly sang and smiled when I saw Avery fast asleep in my arms. I quietly walked over to her crib and laid her down before placing her blanket over her.

Emptiness // Emmett Cullenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें