Cal Kestis x Female!Jedi!Reader - Thoughts and Nightmares (Sad)

(Picture: Screenshot from 'Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order' by 'ElectronicArts' ; own source)

[Warning: may contain spoiler][Warning: contains depressing/sad content][Plot holes included]

[Warning: contains depressing/sad content]
[Plot holes included]

"Awwww, look at (Y/N)! She's crying!"
"She's only pretending, don't worry about her."
"Yeah, you're probably right."

The three of them turned to look at me. I was cowering under a table, avoiding getting hit by the other children.

"You'll go to the dark side! Na na na na na na!"
"Yeah, you'll be a sith!"
They insulted me.

I put my hands on my ears, closing my eyes. I still heard their voices, they were just too loud.. I trembled, being on the brink of crying.

"Hej, Master Depa is calling you."
A different voice appeared, leading me to open one eye slightly.

The three boys moved away, leaving one person behind.

The person kneeled down, intending to look under the table. I closed my eye again, hoping that the person didn't see.

A hand touched my shoulder, leading me to open my eyes, jumping up in shock slightly.

My eyes were blurry, so I've indeed cried. I wiped away my tears to see more clearly.

"Hej, it's okay (Y/N), I heard what they did. Had to lie to them to get them out of here.."
Cal said, sitting down next to me and placing his hand on my back.

He moved up and down my back slowly to soothe me.

"Cal.. why are they like this?"
I asked him, looking at him.

"They're jealous of you. You're a great Padawan, your skills with the force are astonishing, (Y/N). That's why. Don't listen to them, they're very bad. To be honest, they're sooo bad at training, you won't even believe it."
Cal said, leading me to giggle.

"I really mean it, try to imagine it. Now that won't even show how bad they are."
He added, looking very serious while saying that.

"Oh Cal, come on. I know you're one of the best, but please."
I remarked, still giggling at what he previously said.

"Ah, let's stop talking about them. Come on, let's get up."
Cal said, crawling away from under the table, standing up and waiting for me to come after him.

After I did so, Cal helped me stand up by lending a hand to me.

"Thank you, Cal, I don't know what I would have done without you."