Dark!Cal Kestis x Female!Jedi!Reader - Bright Heart (Sequel/Sad/Fluff)

(Picture: Screenshot from 'Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order' by 'ElectronicArts' ; own source)

[This is a sequel to "Dark!Cal Kestis x Female!Jedi!Reader - Dark Heart (Sad)"][Warning: may contain spoiler][Plot holes included][Requested]

[Warning: may contain spoiler]
[Plot holes included]
[Requested]

Cal was looking at the small Jedi Temple's campus he established now, 15 years after Order 66 and 10 years after he and I saw each other for the last time.

He was looking at it from his balcony, having left the door open behind him.

Luckily, he didn't hear me come into his office, leading me to smile softly.

I went to the balcony, leading Cal to turn around, probably because he felt the presence of my Force.

"(Y/N)..?"
Cal muttered in a soft voice, opening his eyes wide with his mouth slightly opened.

I smiled at him softly while his eyes didn't look away yet.

"Is that really you..?"
He mumbled, approaching me slowly.
"Yes, it is really me."
I told him after giggling softly.

"As a force ghost?"
"No, I am not a force ghost."

After I said that, Cal pulled me into a tight embrace almost immediately.

Both of us fell down on our knees soon after, he because of his excitement and me because of my surprisement, leading us to look into each other's eyes again.

"I swear, I though you died back then.. I hope this is not a dream, nor an illusion.. please tell me this is real..!"
Cal remarked, leading me to pull him onto my chest, holding him against me while caressing his back.
"This is real, Cal. I am real."

"(Y/N).. what happened to you after all that has happened?"
Cal asked, not getting out of my embrace, so I continued to caress his back.

"Cere saved me back then, but soon after I recovered I left her and Greez. For the first two years, I lived a normal life. No Force, no Jedi. But I felt that.. this was not my destiny. After those two years, I went on a small, remote planet, with Cere's knowledge. There, I trained and perfected my force power. Time flies, and now I'm here, ready to face you again, my nearly-murderer."
I told him, leading him to move his upper body back up and look me in the eyes again.

"I'm so glad you survived and didn't cut yourself from the Force.."
Cal remarked, standing up before stretching his hand out to me.

I accepted his hand, carefully getting up with his help.

"How come you decided to turn to the light side of the force again?"
I asked him this time while leaning against the balustrade at the balcony.

Cal did the same as he leaned against the balustrade as well, still being close next to me.

"Soon after I thought you died, Trilla turned and died right after.. since then, the focus was on me. «The newest Inquisitor, will he turn as well?» kind of thing. I was there for at least four more years, ignoring my feelings, turning cold.. I lived at that point where I knew that not being cared for and not caring for something is the best thing to avoid getting hurt. That really is true, but still.. I couldn't continue living that way. I started overthinking, and I felt like the Galactic Empire didn't suit me. I started to lose focus and one day, I was hurt in battle. Obviously I got time off, and I chose to run away and leave them. I searched for Cere half a year before I found her, since then she helped to perfect my force power. She never told me you were in touch as well. A year ago, I started to build this small Jedi school."
Cal spoke as we looked at each other.

I turned around, leaning against the balustrade with my back now.

"But one thing was especially missing in my life."
Cal added as he moved up in front of me, leaning slightly forward with his hands left and right of me on the balustrade to support himself.
"You, (Y/N)."

We smiled at each other softly while his beautiful bluish green eyes looked into my (E/C) ones before closing his eyes.

"How can you look into my eyes? How can you stand next to me without having the lightsaber drawn? You were willing to give up your life back then, only to try and convince me to come back to you, where I belong.."
Cal mumbled with a hoarse voice, shivering slightly as guilt filled up in his heart. My smile vanished as I looked at him sincerely.

I gently placed my hand on his cheek, leading him to open up his now glassy eyes slowly.

"I never thought bad of you, Cal. I knew what I had gotten myself into when I tried to convince you to come back."
I reassured him, nodding slightly, remembering back then.

"But, to this day, I shiver when I think back to how coldhearted you were.."
I added, leading him to take my hand from his cheek to place it on his chest where his heart was.
"My heart is beating, faster than it usually does. You never left my mind, (Y/N), the thought of you helped me though everything."
He told me while his cheeks gained a light shade of red.

We smiled at each other for a few moments before he went down on his knees, leading me to look down at him while tilting my head to the side.
"(Y/N).. I would feel honoured if you would work as a Jedi master, here, at this small Jedi school."

I giggled, getting down on my knees myself, causing him to lift his head up to face me.
"I would happily accept your offer, Cal."
I told him, leading him to giggle up in happiness himself.

Both of us rose up to our feet again before I turned around to lean against the balustrade frontal again. Cal leaned against my back, his hands left and right of me on the balustrade again.

"You know, since then, I learned to try and be nice, but at some point, to be consequential and completely rational. Plus, I connected to the dark side of the Force myself, not to only gain strength, but also to try and understand some of my opponents."
I told Cal, leading him to move his head to where my shoulder was. I turned my head into his direction, looking at each other for a few seconds before he spoke up.
"You.. connected to the dark side of the Force..?"

"Of course. How can I turn completely rational at some point when I don't know both sides? There can be no light without the darkness, nor darkness without the light."
I explained to him while looking at the Campus again.

"You're completely balanced then.."
"Aren't you too, Cal?"
I asked him to remind him he also connected to both sides of the Force.
"Yeah, you are right."
He answered, placing his head on top of my shoulder.

Cal and I didn't say anything, enjoying the evening sun together.