Dark!Cal Kestis x Female!Jedi!Reader - Dark Heart (Sad)

(Picture: https://digitalphotographer.tumblr.com/post/189854473940/cal-red ; January 12th 2020)

[Warning: may contain spoiler][Warning: contains depressing/sad content][Plot holes included]

[Warning: contains depressing/sad content]
[Plot holes included]

I was about to flee from Zeffo when an unknown voice resounded.
"(Y/N)."

I turned around to face the person from a distance.

"I need the holocron back."
The person added, leading me to inhale deeply.

"You should have made an copy in case someone gets it back. I won't give it back to you."
I remarked, looking sternly.

"What a shame, (Y/N). You used to be intelligent, knowing when to stop pretending and when to give up."
"Some things are not hopeless yet, Cal."

He ignited his blood red lightsaber, running his other hand through his hair.

I took my lightsaber out, igniting it while looking at it.

"Why did you go, Cal?"
"Why didn't you hold me back?"

I lifted my head up to look at him.

A few months ago, Cal turned against us and joined the Galactic Empire.

Since he knew where the holocron was, I hurried to get it and hid it. Since then, Cere, Greez, Merrin And I were on the run.

Only we knew where the holocron was and the Empire, including Cal, chased us to find out where it was while searching for it.

Now, they found it and I was here to get it back.

"They deceived you, Cal. You originally wanted to reestablish the Jedi Order, not hinder it."
I said, leading him to giggle while shaking his head.
"Foolish. I know that now. Maybe you come to realise it yourself."
He told me, approaching me slowly.

"Now, your last chance. Where. Is. The. Holocron?"
"I don't have it with me anymore."
"Then tell me where you left it."

I shook my head slowly while continuing to look at him.

Why did Cal turn to the dark side?

He was always so motivated and hopeful, wanting to reestablish the Jedi Order, fighting against the Empire.

What happened?

Who knows.. he probably got desperate, thinking that the Empire is the only place where one could stop running away and rest. And.. he was technically right.