Chapter 17

A week later was Quinton's birthday, Kamari and him went out during the day for lunch and she gave him a small gift to make it seem like that was all she had and that she wasn't going to surprise him with a party, even though she was.

"Why do I have to where a blind fold though? It's just dinner", he said.

"I know but this place is pretty great", she said.

"Mari, this better not be a surprise party", he said.

"Take your blind fold off", she said.

Quinton took the blindfold off and the building of people yelled "surprise".

Quinton looked around he didn't seem impressed.

"Surprise", Kamari said with a smile and hoping that his expression would change.

Quinton looked at Kamari then walked out.

"Start the music, everybody party and have fun. Birthday boy will be right back", she said.

The music started and everybody went to doing whatever they wanted to do.

Kamari went after Quinton outside.

"Q!", she called.

Quinton ignored her.

"Quinton!", she called.

Quinton stopped walking and looked at her. "You don't don't understand do you?", he asked.

"I'm sorry, I just thought that maybe a birthday party was what you needed to get your mind off of things", she said.

"Nah, its not Mari", Quinton said.

"I understand the way you feel Q and I understand that this day reminds you of her being gone but one day you're going to have to accept it", she said.

"Really? You really telling me this right now?", Quinton asked. "You don't tell me when I need to stop grieving, alright?"

"I didn't mean it, it a rude way Q. I just want you to have a good time", she said. "I don't want you to think that your sister would want you to not have fun"

"Point of the story is I told you no party", Quinton said. "You can go back in but I'm not"

Kamari felt like it was more to him not celebrating his because of his sister.

"...I'm sorry okay? I guess I didn't understand. I do now", Kamari said.

Quinton looked to the side.

"I'll drive you home", she said.

"...Nah, let's just go back in the building", he said.

"No, if you don't want a party, we can go. I'm sorry", she said.

"Nah, cause you put your time into it and I'm pretty sure people got me and gifts and I don't wanna seem ungrateful", he said.

Kamari smiled a little. "Okay", she said. "But speaking of gifts, I wanna just go ahead and give you mine. It looks good with your fit anyways"

Lessons Learned (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara