Chapter 50

7 MONTHS LATER...

"You got this bae", Quinton said.

Kamari is in the process of labor. Quinton and her mom were in the room with her.

Kamari stopped pushing and catches her breathe.

"She isn't out yet?", Kamari asked.

"No and we may have to do a c-section", the doctor replied.

"C-section?", Quinton questioned.

"Fine. Let's just do that", Kamari said.

"No baby you don't want that. Just try one more time and see what happens", Kamari's mom said.

"I don't know. We may have to do a c-section", the doctor said. "We have to prep her for the surgery. I'm going to have to ask the two of you to step out please until it's over"

"I rather stay", Quinton said.

"Quinton, it's okay", Kamari said.

Quinton sighed and rolled his eyes and walked out with her mom.

"I didn't wanna say this in front of your mom and boyfriend because I didn't know if you wanted them to find out from me but...the monitor is no longer detecting a heartbeat which is why need to do this c-section and you're having a difficult time to delivery a vaginal birth", the doctor said.

"Okay. Okay, whatever you guys have to do", Kamari said as she began to worry.

Kamari did go under surgery to have her c-section. And the baby was announced dead.

When Quinton found out, he didn't even talk once Kamari was up. He just sat there like something was on his mind. He didn't even try to comfort Kamari.

"Sweetheart, I have to go into work now. If you need me to call out I will", Kamari's mom said.

"I'll be fine", Kamari replied.

"Okay...", she replied before looking at Quinton then back at Kamari. "Call me if you need me"

"Okay", Kamari said.

Kamari's mom left the room.

"...this is your fault", Quinton said.

Kamari looked at him.

"It's your fault", Quinton said as he finally looked up at her.

Kamari looked down.

"...you're the know who continued to put your hands on me Q", Kamari said.

"If you acted right and did what the fuck I asked of you, I wouldn't have to", Quinton said as he got up.

"You shouldn't be doing it anyway, Q", Kamari said as she started to tear up.

After giving Quinton another chance to act right, a month later he continued to put his hands on her for the littlest things.

"The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck..it had nothing to do with that anyway", Kamari said.

Quinton rolled his eyes.

Kamari sighed.

Even though Kamari was no longer feeling Quinton, she stayed with him because she was scared to leave. She still is scared. Quinton was starting to used different drugs and that caused him to be a whole new person when he was under the influence, it was also the times she hit her. He was currently under the influence now.

"What about the cleaning you've been doing recently. I told you to calm the fuck down. I said I can hire someone for that shit", Quinton said.

"Quinton I really don't feel like talking right now. I'm in a lot of pain and I'm woozy", Kamari said.

"You always fucking up shit", Quinton said.

Kamari looked at him.

"I know I thought about it at the beginning but I did not kill my baby", Kamari said. "Stop saying that"

"It's true", Quinton said.

Kamari stopped arguing with him.

"You ignoring me now?", he asked.

Kamari still didn't say anything.

"Fuck this shit. Call me when you ready to go or when they discharge you or something", Quinton said before walking out the door.

Kamari just started crying. At this point, she didn't really anybody to talk to except for her mom. She hadn't talked to the twins in months. Justin isn't talking to her because she was still with Quinton and he knew something was going on. It was like Quinton was slowly pushing her away from all of her friends and family.

She started to feel even more alone now that her baby passed away and Quinton didn't even stay to be there for her.

At this point she was tired of giving him chances and being scared. She was going to leave him for good and no turning back this time. She decided to wait until after she was done healing so that she could be prepared for anything.

TO BE CONTINUED....